10 months fine. Now: Dead nub. Purple screen.

KitCallen

Still Fresh
I am not a solderer or a hardware person at all. What can I do about these problems?

So you had one of the first 900? My screen died as yours has, but my nubs are still holding on. I retired the unit with a Premium when I had the chance.

Email whoever you got it from and send it back insured for $500US.

Yep, I think I was like #129? Got mine in May 2010, have been using it to death (literally?). I moved and used it as my only computer for 6 months until I could get my desktop shipped!

Haha I've been completely off the boards basically since I've got it. Just been visiting the App Site and downloading/updating. Posted once about a HotFix removing my Wifi/CPU-speed setting.

SO:

What is RMA?

What is a Premium?

I got it from Open Pandora Sales, so I just mail it back?

Last edited by a moderator:
RMA: Return Merchandise Authorisation. Fancy corporate talk for sending your unit back and they fix it or give you a new one.

Premium: Several weeks ago, a highly controversial move was made by the OpenPandora team. The price for a Pandora was raised and sales went "live" in the sense that units would be shipped within 7 days. Pre-orderers would be allowed to pay the difference and "jump the queue", but new customers could join in as well. This was done as a bit of a "fundraiser" and it was promised that this would end with us all getting our Pandoras sooner.

tl;dr: 500 USD gets you a Pandora shipped in seven days now.

You ordered from Craig's shoppe (vs. EvilDragon's), therefore you would contact openpandorasales@gmail.com first. They'll give you exact instructions... but yes, make sure that you insure the package as Link said. It could get really ugly if you don't and something happens.

EDIT: Ninja'd
ph34r.gif
I second the "review" idea. Please tell us what it was like using it as your main box, as that is my intention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back