Caanoo / WIZ 1.2.1: Nehe + Openwiz + Wiz3D_Devel = Hang On Exit !

trabitboy

Still Fresh
Hi,

just begun as I receved my wiz,

my setup is:

ubuntu vmware image ( fresh )
open wiz cross compiler in /home/user
wiz3d developper package in /home/user

could rebuild the libs putting my cross compiler path in all makefiles:

could compile nehe lesson05 with the prebuilt includes and libs,
and with the newly built libs ( renamed accordingly in *.0 )

works fine but ...... hangs on exit :)

the prebuilt nehe examples work ok and exit properly.

my firmware is 1.2.1
any hint ? :)

already dug out similar topics, shutdown problem is said to be fixed in the latest uploaded package?

what do you mean with hang on exit? does the main code include somthing like opening/returning to the main menu? this does not happen automatically but must done by hand using either a launcher script (recommended) that includes the correct commands or you could it into your application (less recommended, because someone might not use the default menu).

look here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51298-simple-openwiz-toolchain-tutorial/page__st__15__p__796760&#entry796760

Last edited by a moderator:
crow_riot said:
what do you mean with hang on exit? does the main code include somthing like opening/returning to the main menu? this does not happen automatically but must done by hand using either a launcher script (recommended) that includes the correct commands or you could it into your application (less recommended, because someone might not use the default menu).

look here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51298-simple-openwiz-toolchain-tutorial/page__st__15__p__796760&#entry796760

hi!
thanks for your reply.
basically on the prebuilt lesson0X example from the wiz 3D package,
if you press menu ,
you see "loading"
then you get back to the wiz orange user interface.

but on the thing I build ( from same source, no change ) ,
I press menu,
then I see "loading", but it freezes and doesn't go further .

will look at your link.
EDIT:
from what I read opening a remote terminal on the wiz
is not trivial depending on the firmware version.

Just knowing if someone could get the lesson0X examples
with base build chain
to behave like the prebuilt ones
( related to exiting )
would help a lot.

wizGLES has been turned into glport by GPH, the wizGLES from the sounds of it hasnt been working on the 1.2.1 firmware.
I attempted to update the 3d pack with the latest of eveything but i have an issue with SDL 1.3 svn, i havnt gotten back to it.
I put up the source to gpport if you want to do some work yourself, there another thread with a link.

Pickle said:
wizGLES has been turned into glport by GPH, the wizGLES from the sounds of it hasnt been working on the 1.2.1 firmware.

Thanks for your answer Pickle !
But what puzzles me is that the prebuilt binaries behave fine .

EDIT:
found your thread here
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52866-openglad-and-glport/

so basically I should take the 3D pack, remove wiz gl es and adapt existing makefiles
to use glport, and see sdl pb ?

if you look at the prebuild binaries there's always the binary itself without any extension and a wrapper script that launches the actual executable and afterwards returns to the main menu

Code:
#!/bin/sh
./lesson02
cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu

crow_riot said:
if you look at the prebuild binaries there's always the binary itself without any extension and a wrapper script that launches the actual executable and afterwards returns to the main menu

Code:
#!/bin/sh
./lesson02
cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu

that is correct !
didn't see it through the launcher,
thank you for pointing it out .

will also try to rebuild the libs with glport
when I get back to my linux machine.

Back