Yet Another Newb Question .. Hum.. Yanb.. Good Acronim :p

paxl13

Hi,

I just started abusin of my new gp2x [ like playing 12 hour on it sunday ] and so on. and i played
great game on emualtor.. I only start to feel that the B key start to be less harder to push
to make it get down, and I was wondering if it is normal.. like normla usure or I'm to much
abusing it ? Played a lot of Metal Slug and Contra On Genesis, so... have some other of
you eperianced this to the point that it was not playable anymore ?

Thank for your experience
paxl13

ps: Also, Is the chip rated 240 Mhz or 200 ?? this is by curiosity, mine is stable in short period
at 250 but more stable at 240 on extended period [ over 30 min in Neo Geo / DrMD ]

It can happen that the buttons get less harder to push, happened with the gp32 too.

And overclocking is different from machine to machine, mine runs fine at 250 but crashes above :(

Ok,

But will it sometime be unusable because of this,
Have you heard of some gp32 that are dead because of this ?

Thank you

paxl13 posted on Jul 18 2006 at 04:57 AM said:
Ok,

But will it sometime be unusable because of this,
Have you heard of some gp32 that are dead because of this ?

Thank you
They sold replacement membranes for the buttons, it is easy to replace.

Mine crashes everything above 240mhz, so I am thinking that 240 is where a lot of them quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've pushed my gp2x to 260mhz stable in DrMD, I could get full speed in games on the older version :). Guess I'm lucky.

as for the membrane where can you get that nubie? Do distributers like craig sell them or are they something you can pick up at a parts store? I don't need one but I was just wondering.

ahh.. taht kind of answer I like to get :p

Where can I get them [ just now before I need them and they are
discountinued :p ]

paxl

The chip is garanteed at 200Mhz by GPH, I think craig garantees all his units at 240Mhz.

AFAIK they are "failed" processors that couldn't go as high as they were supposed to at the factory so they're sold at reduced prices, which is why they vary so much.

As long as they are stable at what GPH is seeling it for,
its ok. we cannot complain....

paxl13

paxl13 posted on Jul 18 2006 at 08:04 AM said:
ahh.. taht kind of answer I like to get :p

Where can I get them [ just now before I need them and they are
discountinued :p ]

paxl
Button Membranes? I don't know, ask some of the webshop owners or try Lik-Sang, I don't know who has them in stock though (Lik Sang still had the GP32 ones in stock last I looked, but that probably wouldn't be much use on a GP2X)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back