XBMC Video Image

carport888

Still Fresh
It seems that no matter what I do, I can't get any picture in XBMC when trying to watch a movie. It looks like everything else works, but all I get from a video is its sound.

Video works in PanPlayer and Enna, but these programs are not without their limitations/quirks...and it's simply bugging me that I can't get it to work. I have even installed the community codec pack. Any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you try smplayer2?

really nice program for playing videos and has a ton of options.

I can't offer any help on XBMC, but until someone does have you tried SMPlayer 2?

EDIT: Ninjad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, SMPlayer2 seems to work quite well and has lots of features, but the one I'm interested in most in XBMC is the Network Sharing.

I want to be able to watch videos stored on my computer over my wireless network on my Pandora. I can do this on my modded original xbox (wired, through xbmc) and on my Droid X2 (wireless), but neither are the ideal solution for me since I don't want to run a cord through my house from my computer to my xbox, and I don't have HDMI inputs on my TV (and would rather not buy an expensive converter box).

Is there a way within SMPlayer2 (or any other program) to accomplish this?

...and would anyone be willing to make me a TV-Out cable (I am not comfortable with soldering)?

Back