Xbmc And Xbmc Skins

shovel

Still Fresh
If xbmc is supported by the Pandora.. i will work on a skin dedicate for the Pandora

Someone know if the Pandora run XBMC ?

Just because it's open source doesn't mean that porting it is without any significant effort.

Some people were working on a version for the beagleboard. They got it to run, but it was extremely slow. I don't know about its current status. Here is some old news about this.

Caine said:
Just because it's open source doesn't mean that porting it is without any significant effort.

Some people were working on a version for the beagleboard. They got it to run, but it was extremely slow. I don't know about its current status. Here is some old news about this.

Yep, I have had the ARM codebase used for the BeagleBoard running on the OpenPandora some time ago, to say it was slow was an understatement ;).

The code would need a lot of work to be viable on ARM setups (not to mention heavy use of anything extra the SoC can provide) but that is not to say it won't happen, just that it won't happen overnight. There are a few XBMC devs interested in hacking on ARM but that is not the projects focus area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back