Wiz Wifi And Tv-Out Via Caanoo Accessories?

sentinel_cl

Still Fresh
OK, long story short I bought a Wiz back in May, had it for maybe a month or two when the screen got the pixel rot problem. After 3 months attempting to contact gp2xstore.com with no replay (tried contact us and sending repair tickets) I contacted GPH directly. They had me ship my Wiz to Korea for repair, and I just got the email that they are mailing it back out to me.

Anyhow, I don't really want to upgrade to the Caanoo just yet, with so little internal upgrades (plus I have a family and don't have a lot of spending money, a huge reason why my next handheld may be a Caanoo over Pandora, its just a LOT cheaper and easier on the pocketbook). My questions are:

Do the Caanoo TV-Out cables work with the Wiz as well? The connector appears to be the same.

Can I purchase the Gender Changer cable, plus the Caanoo USB WiFi adapter, and have WiFi on my Wiz? It'd come in handy for Opera in QTopia when I am out and about in an area where my cell phone deson't have a signal (I have reletives that live in an area that has wifi but no signal for my phone)

I'm hoping these all work, cause it'd be great to get these accessories now, use them with my Wiz, than if I decide mid-late next year to but a Caanoo I can use them with it too.

Darkknight512 said:
Yes to WIFI, pretty sure for video out.

Awesome, thanks. Guess I'll be ordering these sometime after Christmas than. I know I'll use YV-Out for my YouTube game reviews for systems I don't own (Mame mostly), and be using WiFi for QTopia/Opera. I'm also kinda hoping we see someone code an NES emulator that can do online multiplayer over the WiFi, or even local multiplay over WiFi would be cool. Dunno if thats even feasable or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
sentinel_cl said:
Darkknight512 said:
Yes to WIFI, pretty sure for video out.

Awesome, thanks. Guess I'll be ordering these sometime after Christmas than. I know I'll use YV-Out for my YouTube game reviews for systems I don't own (Mame mostly), and be using WiFi for QTopia/Opera. I'm also kinda hoping we see someone code an NES emulator that can do online multiplayer over the WiFi, or even local multiplay over WiFi would be cool. Dunno if thats even feasable or not.

It is possible, I think a few emulators on the Cannoo has netplay but no one got around to doing that on the Wiz because less people have Wifi on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back