Caanoo / WIZ Wiz Prototype Ext Pinout

goobers

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I have aquired one of the Wiz prototypes with the 2 dpads, but I have been led to believe that the pinout for the EXT connector is different. If anyone has it, that would be great, since I need to build a cable to charge it etc.

Thanks.

I think he was more interested in the "etc." :p. I didn't think the pinout was different (and wasn't the pinout on here from a prototype anyway?).

I think yesterday you found the pinout, it would be great if you could post it here for reference.

Do you mean that: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47776

Last edited by a moderator:
CongoZombie said:
Yeah, that pinout seems to work on my MK0. It would be nice to find out which are the JTAG pins though :)

I'm not quite sure if the prototypes support JTAG over the EXT port. Furthermore the MK0 and MK1 seem to have slightly different pinouts.
You can try this JTAG pinout if you dare. But it's only an educated (lol) guess. TDO and TDI may be exchanged, I really don't know.
I assume that at least some of these pins are used for the DIP switches on the dev board (cfgbootmode, shadow, etc) so maybe it doesn't work at all...

7 - TDO
8 - TCK
9 - TMS
11- TDI

Regards,
Stephan

Does the MK0 have different pins for RX and TX? I can't seem to get anything out of the serial connection (just constant 3v for RX and 5v for TX)

CongoZombie said:
Does the MK0 have different pins for RX and TX? I can't seem to get anything out of the serial connection (just constant 3v for RX and 5v for TX)

On my MK1 the numbers on the EXT connector are counting from right to left, not vice versa as in the GP2x Wiki.

sbock said:
CongoZombie said:

On my MK1 the numbers on the EXT connector are counting from right to left, not vice versa as in the GP2x Wiki.

I have a MK0 - I wired RX and TX to the pins you gave in the other thread, but I don't seem to be getting any serial output, just constant voltages. Also, the pins that you said gave 3.3V seem to give nothing at all...

On gp2x.de the guy called Andy seemed to have got his serial connection working with his MK0 Wiz- did he give you the pinout for the MK0 at all?

Yeah, most of the pin out is from Andy. Afaik the RXD and TXD pins are the same on both versions. But again: Are you really sure you are on the correct pins? I firstly made the mistake using the picture in the GP2x Wiki:

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/EXT_Port

But the EXT connector on the Wiz (and the Samsung E810 plug) seem to count this way:

Code:
------------------------
24                     1

Back