Why?

Dairyman

Still Fresh
Website
www.coasters3k.com
Why Doesn't my DOOM recognize that i have the .WADS? I have them in the place? Right? I put the DOOMV10T.FXE in the GPMM folder, the ULT_DOOM.RAR in the GP:GAME/DOOM folder. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP!?! :(

First and foremost, it should not be in .rar format; you gotta un-rar it first man. This can be done through programs like winrar and (i think) winace. Second, I do believe ultimate doom is supported, but I'm not positive as I never tried it. Doom II plays beautifully though. Try un-raring it and see what happens... that will most likely solve your problem

Octavious, who cares?

I downloaded Doom and Doom 2. Heck, I pirate a lot. Don't bother starting arguments about pirating on a board of a console who's average user primarily uses it to play roms.

Edit : Just some preventative measures here, I'm not bragging about pirating but I'm not going to hide it.

Octavious, who cares?

I downloaded Doom and Doom 2. Heck, I pirate a lot. Don't bother starting arguments about pirating on a board of a console who's average user primarily uses it to play roms.

Edit : Just some preventative measures here, I'm not bragging about pirating but I'm not going to hide it.
lol I think everyone's done it, dl'n Doom is no different to downloading an old rom that's still got it's copyright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea OCT, all the comercial games for the GP pretty much suck! Your telling us that you don't have any ROMS,EMUS,PORTS on your GP? Wow, you must just sit there and look at the hardware because that must be a very BORING GP! :D

Yea OCT, all the comercial games for the GP pretty much suck! Your telling us that you don't have any ROMS,EMUS,PORTS on your GP? Wow, you must just sit there and look at the hardware because that must be a very BORING GP! :D
Or maybe he plays some of the 343 homebrew releases available from http://www.pdroms.de
There's much more to life than commercial crap you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I ever say any of that? I just wanted to know because If he did, I wanted to be sure he had the right version
remember that there is a version of Doom ( or is it Doom 2 ) that freezes on level 2?
thats why I wanted to know, not because I am anti pirate
Trust me, my 120 gig home server says I am not anti pirate lol
18.9 gigs of the last decade of consoles and systems agrees with that
I mean.... Piracy bad!..... :ph34r:

~Octavious

Did I ever say any of that? I just wanted to know because If he did, I wanted to be sure he had the right version
remember that there is a version of Doom ( or is it Doom 2 ) that freezes on level 2?
Don't worry, he downloaded it on my site, so it won't freeze and it's patched for better weapon looking. :)

I didn't sense any 'don't be a pirate' from octavious' post...

:p don't be so sensitive... he was only asking a question..

Back