Which Hardware Licence?

mclien

Very Active Member
I know we had that somewhere already, but I
-can't find it
-don't know to which extent.

I do know it was ment to allow any non commercial use in any case, but commercial use only with license-fee/ only with permission.

Does anybody know, which license it will be? (CC or something else?)

Thanks.
Is there any information, if that will work for the construction data of the case, too?
Let's say: Ed releases the 3D data for the case under the same license. Would it still be prohibit someone else to make identical cases?

Thanks.
Is there any information, if that will work for the construction data of the case, too?
Let's say: Ed releases the 3D data for the case under the same license. Would it still be prohibit someone else to make identical cases?

You may do what you want for yourself.
If you want to sell it you have to contact EvilDragon and get an agreement.
It is meant to protect his work, not to prohibit you from having fun.
And if you are kind and don't want to ruin his business I don't see why you should now get permission for your product.
Cooperation is the keyword.
Follow that and everyone will be happy :)

Oh, you misunderstood Askarus. I'm about to build something compleetly different (it is not even electronics) and was just looking, if I can adapet the license practice.
So my product should be like "don't copy and ruin my business but feel free to build your own non commercial one"

I think that's what the NC criteria means. Means you can make your own 3d printed or hewn from stone version whatever with ED's blessing, but if you try to make a business by selling those, you'd want to talk to him first. Whether he actually did enforce that license by suing anyone selling derivative works remains to be seen, but we all know we don't want to get on the wrong side of ED!

Stop Speculating...
License is CC-BY-NC-SA which means you can use and distribute them - except asking for money for a copy of this document or parts of it.

This does not exclude that you study the ideas and make your own (commercial) designs, because that is not covered by a document licence. But please let us know if you do that... We might be interested in learning your ideas as well :)

Back