Where can i find the official kernel's .config ?

I honestly had trouble with the .config pulled from git. Not all the modules were configured properly, notably the BQ27500 module, which resulted in my Pandora always thinking the battery was empty and automatically shutting down.

To get the exact config that the kernel was compiled with, simply gunzip /proc/config.gz.

INSTALL_MOD_PATH="/some/path/where/you/want/modules/to/go" make modules_install

Forgot

Code:
make modules

Such a naab :/ it's 10+ years that i build kernels...

I ran into a "real" problem : squashfs is missing !

The default kernel from /proc/config.gz shows :

Code:
CONFIG_SQUASHFS=y

CONFIG_SQUASHFS_EMBEDDED=y

CONFIG_SQUASHFS_FRAGMENT_CACHE_SIZE=3

When i go in menuconfig, this option misses in fs/misc.

When i just save, of course, squashfs lines are wiped from .config ...

Last edited by a moderator:
And you've encountered the same problem that I recently did. I thought it was just something I did wrong, but if you've got it as well then obviously there is something more wrong here. We'll have to wait for Notaz to chime in on this one: where is squashfs (and iso doesn't seem to work for me, either, and who knows what else)

Cool.

Can you explain how to patch everything please (to be able to recompile the exact OP official kernel) ? I've only patched kernels for realtime audio on x86 ^^ and rarely used git :/

I want to primarily bench jfs and reiserfs3. Jfs because it's cpu usage is extremely low (maybe the lowest), and reiserfs3 because it's faster than ext3 (sometimes 20X, yes you read well: 20X. I made serious real-life benchmarks on x86, when setting up servers@work).

I also want to test RAID 0 and 1 on SD too. I'm pretty curious to see the cpu load, power consumption and of course perfomance.

And many other things ^^.

If i succeed, i will post results and a quick and dirty compile.sh

Last edited by a moderator:
Back