Wanna Buy A Second Gamecube

thingley posted on Oct 27 2004 at 08:32 PM said:
The Gamecube has nothing like the quantity of games as PS2 or Xbox - But the quality of games overall is just amazing!

I bought it a year ago for £60 as a second gaming machine (I have a reasonable PC which will run most new stuff) but it really has taken over as my main gaming platform now. I've got about 30 or so games ,most of which are great quality and cost less than a tenner each from sellers on amazon.

It would take a new 'no one lives forever' game to tempt me back of the cube right now I reckon! And the stuff thats coming out in the next few months does look good.

The cube is one of the best gaming bargains around.

Agreed :D Last console i bought was a psx when it first came out back in .. 94 or 95 (quite simply it blew me away at the time when it first came out.. but got bored after a owning it for year)?
No console has interested me since as i have a well a specced pc, so for more mature, indepth and fps games, eye candy nothing compares but the cube has a certain charm about it and the games offer something a little bit different, more pick and play. Its been the only console which has actually made me consider buying a console again. And its been refreshing and fun :D Hence i will go for the Nintendo DS over the PSP

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have many people* over anymore; after the last time. But if I get a cube and a few pads I will have people over again.

I made a list of games I will get (they are numbered in the order I wish to get em in):

Will Get

3. Animal Crossing
9. F-Zero GX
N/A. Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki
8. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
?. Ikaruga (may end up buying a DC and a blank CD for this one).
12. Mario Kart: Double Dash
10. Metroid Prime
2. Paper Mario
11. Phantasy Star Online: 1 and 2
17 Pikmin 2
13. Prince Of Persia Sands of Time
1. Soul Calibur 2
8. SSX 3
18. SSX Tricky
14. Super Mario Sunshine
19 Super Monkey Ball 2
20 Super Smash Bros Melee
5. Tales of Symphonia
15. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
16. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
4. Viewtiful Joe
6. Wario Ware Inc. Mega Party Game$

Maybe

Baldurs Gate
MGS: Twin Snakes
Resident Evil
Sonic Heroes

*gamers.

Dozer posted on Oct 28 2004 at 12:00 AM said:
scarface posted on Oct 27 2004 at 08:12 PM said:
Get an xbox or a ps2, much more worthwhile

No not true.Maby an xbox cause with certain mods you can play burnt ps2 games.But the cube is definitly worth more then the ps2 any day.
Bullshit.
If you shove a PS2 in it?

scarface posted on Oct 28 2004 at 12:18 AM said:
I could give a shit less what if you believe it or not.
Its impossible for an Xbox which runs at less than a ghz (750mhz?) to emulate a console that runs at anything near the speed of a PS2. It is also impossible to run native playstation 2 code on an xbox. FFS if it can almost handle N64 a PS2 is alot better and there arent even any good PC PS2 emus.

this is pretty off topic
but why was there never a mod chip made for gamecube
it's kind of weird i don't know this

Rico posted on Oct 27 2004 at 08:46 PM said:
I suggest the Gamecube for multiplayer. Mario Kart: Double Dash, Timesplitters 2, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Soul Calibur II, hell, even Donkey Konga (just realised most of these are sequels) are extremely fun. For single player, you have Twin Snakes, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, but not much collectively - a PS2 would be better (Grand Theft Auto: SA etc.)

not forgetting FZeroGX, Mario Party, Wario Ware, Mario Golf

diablo2 posted on Oct 28 2004 at 03:00 AM said:
this is pretty off topic
but why was there never a mod chip made for gamecube
it's kind of weird i don't know this

because Ninty are the only ones who make the compatible discs, and you cant attach a HDD

but if you are desperate then use PSO and a link to youre PC to hack it (slowly)

Im gonna get a DC after all because; I already have 2 pads, I have a lightgun and a few vmus and an arcade stick. Also the games a downloadable and neo geo emulation and i think mega drive is fullspeed now.

Good choice - if your dreamcast is a fussy eater like mine you should even have enough coasters to go round when all those gamers stop by. :)

Seriously tho' it might be worth getting original versions of just the games you play the most - if you play a lot (their pretty cheap).

My dreamcast is starting to be a bit erratic cos of all the time I spent playing a CDR copy of virtua tennis. I've mistreated the laser quite badly :( so I only use it as an emulation box now.

thingley posted on Oct 28 2004 at 06:55 PM said:
Good choice - if your dreamcast is a fussy eater like mine you should even have enough coasters to go round when all those gamers stop by. :)

Seriously tho' it might be worth getting original versions of just the games you play the most - if you play a lot (their pretty cheap).

My dreamcast is starting to be a bit erratic cos of all the time I spent playing a CDR copy of virtua tennis. I've mistreated the laser quite badly :( so I only use it as an emulation box now.
ive had 4 DCs; the last one I beat the shit out of with a hammer. Downloading and burning disks bacame second nature; the only coasters I got where from DreamSnes. :)

I read that but guess I wasn't in this world. Did you say you beat it with a hammer? explain. :huh:

It was given to me by someone I hate; I took a hammer to it when drunk; nuff said. I did however sell a couple of his peripherals to buy a coupld of pints tho :/

I used to be very depressed.

Back