Volume Level For Video Player

fomit

Website
www.flickr.com
For some video files the volume is way too low. Is this something I can fix before putting video file on the SD card? Some videos are perfectly loud, but some are almost impossible to hear. Does GPH have any plans to make the video player louder?

yer i really hope they do, as its really hard lissening to video with low sound on a train on my way into work in the mornings :(

Some video files follow the DVD standard exactly to code when it comes to audio. With 2 amplifiers, 4 speakers and max volume on my PC, I can barely get the bass out on some movies. Some video is just quiet. Not a GP2X issue, but rather the files themselves.

They could try and amplify the sound by software, but this will result in a loss of quality.

For the best results with quiet video, reencode the files on your PC before you copy them.

Some video files follow the DVD standard exactly to code when it comes to audio. With 2 amplifiers, 4 speakers and max volume on my PC, I can barely get the bass out on some movies. Some video is just quiet. Not a GP2X issue, but rather the files themselves.

They could try and amplify the sound by software, but this will result in a loss of quality.

For the best results with quiet video, reencode the files on your PC before you copy them.

That's what I was curious. I was watching a reencoded file on the bus home tonight and the volume was very low. On another file the volume was slightly higher, but still difficult to hear on a noisy bus.

Is there some way of raising the volume before reencoding?

I'm glad someone else has noticed the problem with low video volume. I have e-mailed GPH but haven't heard anything back from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
just encode the audio only with virtualdub (set video to direct stream copy) and set the loudness to 150-200%

Back