Video Player?

b1ueskycomp1ex

Open Sauce Fanatic & AMD Fanboy
Website
https
This is my first post on these forums, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I've been looking at the GP2X for a while now, and then the wiz, and so I bought one. It's really interesting so far, but I'm wondering if anyone is thinking about working on a more beefy video player that could possibly run while the wiz is overclocked, and support large resolutions scaled down to the screen, possibly? The main reason for this is that the wiz's video player is nice and everything, but doesn't like large res files, and it's codec support seems rather limited considering everything that a program like Mplayer could play in linux (FLV, specifically) But I was just wondering if anyone at all is thinking about putting something together. Again, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum or something, but I figured I would just put that out there. =D

ninjawiz2x posted on May 19 2009 at 01:13 PM said:
are you encoding the videos to mp4 or divx? divx looks a whole lot better
I'm saying that all files above 640x480 don't play correctly on the screen (they don't scale down to fit, even thought they seem to play at full speed and such) and that's why I'm wondering if someone might right a player that supports more formats (.FLV, especially, for youtube etc. Videos)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back