Video Coding For Beginers?

pubzombie

He peeps,
I need some advice on putting my dvds onto GP2X - the ones I have been watching and taking away on work trips have already been pre-coded for me. However, I need to start being able to convert my own dvds. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, and when I try to follow the wiki instructions my brain starts to melt. I only just learnt what a codec is ------ I know I know I need to get with the program but I have been totally absorbed with emulation on the gpx since I had it, and we didn't have dvds let alone a codec when I had an amiga and atari; and I have to ask my stepson to pre-record tv for me. STOP THE WORLD I WANT TO GET OFF:) Is there any really simple websites you guys could direct me too so I can learn to do this for my self? It seems like some sort of dark art, like putting the full bank of carburettors from my Suziki Bandit back together and getting them off the kitchen table before Il Duce returns home.
Thanx guys

schnitzelboy said:
i use this program, just make sure u use the divx codec, and set resolution to 320x240.

Thank You Schnitzelboy,
I still have a fair bit of learning to do with the GPX but I find that is half the appeal of it - I could build a ZXSpectrum when I was a kid, I had to to play a 3dmaze game. But then gaming got easy (easier for those of us who pc game) and I stopped having to learn. I would be stuck totally if it wasn't for the folks in this community so this week its codecs and next week it the wonders of dosbox - totally missed dos the first time around because I was too stubborn to stop using my Amiga1200. My guess is there is few like me around who are drawn to the GP2X by retro gaming and nostalgia but then find we have to learn a little too, hopefully the Pandora will attract a few more. We couldn't do it without the community so thanx for your time.
cheers
Pub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back