USB floppy drive drivers?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
I have this SmartDisk brand USB floppy driver, and I'm wondering if the Pyra will support it? The Pandora doesn't. My laptop with Gentoo does though.

Find the name of the loaded module with lsmod and ask notaz to include it in the next OP/Pyra kernel release.

Not sure why this had to be answered by EvilDragon... 

I have an IBM Branded USB Floppy drive that works on the Pandora right out of the box... These devices are pretty generic and shouldn't require different drivers. 

Things to consider... These devices are typically USB 1.1 devices, meaning you need to plug in a USB 2.0 Hub to use it on the Pandora. The Pyra shouldn't have this issue..

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's any point supporting floppy drives considering their age.. Should have moved all the stuff off them by now :/

Just my opinion that's all

I don't think there's any point supporting floppy drives considering their age.. Should have moved all the stuff off them by now :/

I still use floppies occasionally, kinda for fun and nostalgia, and I agree with your opinion.  There are others that still insist that no computer is complete without a floppy drive, even if only via USB.

Sorry. There wasn't a section for asking Notaz stuff. I'll do what you suggested then. :)

Accessing games from old computers for emulators?

Back