Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

If anyone notices the blog going spaz in the next hour or so, it's because I'm tweaking the CSS and Wordpress is a steaming hat full of arse. FYI.
ohhhh... so that's why the pandora/wordpress logo was gone :unsure:
i thought my adblock was going crazy :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gasp! Where has mali been? The unofficial hunter of deep forum news! mali has been missing in action for quite some time. There should be an announcement to find him!!!
He switched to lurk mode and relied on the Community Blog for info.
Many thanks to the Blog Guys, especially Gruso :)

ED also posted a follow-up on the blog about the TV-Out cable:

Geez, I just got some up-to-date news I don't want to hold back.

The TV Out cable design is also finished and a prototype can be produced within five days. Nice :D

Maybe not dense enough to get a blog entry, but nonetheless something that shouldn't get burried, so I'll just post it here.
As for WebOS, we already share a great deal. WebOS is built using Open Embedded (just like the Pandora) and while Palm have noted that there GUI elements are closed you can be very sure that any cool stuff they have done with open source bits will get fed up into mainline Open Embedded and from there trickle down to the Pandora (both directly and via the Angstrom distro).

In short: Android basically runs on Pandora, WebOS apps will most likely run on Pandora, too.
It could be interesting to squeeze some more info out of DJWillis about this. Android is a nice topic to fetch some headlines ;)

Maybe not dense enough to get a blog entry, but nonetheless something that shouldn't get burried, so I'll just post it here.
Agreed on both points. :) Definitely an interesting bit of info, could be handy to refer to later.

We did put a blog post up when Android was ported to Beagleboard, but (surprisingly) no one even commented. :( Android on a Pandora screen will make for a nice story when we have pics though.

ED posts new info about the wifi driver.

QUOTE ("Official Blog")
Hiya, it's EvilDragon again.

I got some more fresh news, and those are not about delaying or anything like that.

As you have all read, the only driver problem is WiFi. To put things short (and as they are pretty complicated), here is what was our problem:

There's a closed-source driver available for the WiFi chip, but we didn't at all want to use it (hey, we're OPENPandora, not ClosedPandora). Then we found an OpenSource project for that WiFi chip - we used it and it worked well at the beginning (you might remember some WiFi testing videos).
But that driver was poorly coded - and it did have more and more problems. We can't even get to work it anymore with the latest Angström image, only with our testing rootfs (which is good, as we do know that the hardware is fine.

Well, DJWillis wanted to take on the WiFi task - and it's already looking really good. He found another driver which should work way better - and it already compiled with our latest kernel.

So basically, that WiFi issue MIGHT be solved faster than we thought. There's still a lot of work needed, but this has been a HUGE progress.

I'll keep you informed.

http://openpandora.org/blog.php

Edit: Quoted blog. :)

Back