Tv Out / Movie Problems

wubbs

Still Fresh
Just a couple of quickies,my TV out works except the sound still comes from GP2x,not the TV. I used to install home cinema stuff so I know it is set up right so any ideas what could be amiss on the GP2X's side of things?

Also when I watch a movie thru GP2X onto TV it seems to be very jerky on picture and sound,to test if it was the movie I watched it on a digital photo frame and it was perfect.The movie is about 700mb so does this mean the resolution is too high?

Thanks in advance.

1. This is a known issue. You can make it silent by plugging in a headphone jack.
2. Try scaling the video down to like 320x240 or something.

i had this problem with the sound, also with the gp2x sound on full it would make lines pop all over the tv screen (some cable interferance maybe), it basically looked like a bad tv reception and went away if i turned the gp2x volume down

Your SD card is likely not fast enough to play a movie that high res, so 2 options, sample it down a little and keep the same res, or reduce the res a little (down to TV res is it is above), or get a faster SD card.

Also if the res is above the GP2X hardware decoder (720*480) it seems it will still play it, but not very smoothly.

Is there a particular brand of fast SD card that anyone would recommend for the best quality movie playback?

techFreak posted on Aug 7 2006 at 01:17 PM said:
Fastest and most reliable so far :

RiDATA 150X 4GB or 2GB or 1GB

Is that just in your experience, or from benchmark testing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah posted on Aug 6 2006 at 08:20 PM said:
1. This is a known issue. You can make it silent by plugging in a headphone jack.
2. Try scaling the video down to like 320x240 or something.

Thanks everyone for their help.
So when I plug in headphones will this make the sound come out of tv or just mute the GP2X?

regarding scaling down video,how do I do this?Or do I just download lower resolution movies?

Last edited by a moderator:
The headphones will mute the GP2X. Sound should come out of the TV in all cases if you plug the red and white RCA jacks in.

To scale the video down, you'll need a video processing program such as Virtualdub. Virtualdub is my favorite program for this kind of stuff, but it is not IMHO the easiest way to go. I can't think of any others right now.

Probably the easiest bit of software (IMO anyway) is the Pocket DivX Convertor, you can convert in 3 clicks with decent results.

Back