Trying to use Mono from Banshee

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
So I've ripped Mono out of the Banshee PND, and I'm trying to use it with a test .NET project I created, and it gives me the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: WinForms_SeeInnerException ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: gdiplus.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()
at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ComboboxTest.Form1..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ComboboxTest.My.MyProject+MyForms.Create__Instance__[Form1] (ComboboxTest.Form1 Instance) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ComboboxTest.My.MyProject+MyForms.get_Form1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ComboboxTest.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run (System.String[] commandLine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ComboboxTest.My.MyApplication.Main (System.String[] Args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
So I went through the Banshee launch script, and information from this page
LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to the mono/lib folder I have set up, but it doesn't seem to load; I even tried adding it to the DllMap file, but that didn't work.

Does anybody know what I might be missing?

Cheers

Hmmm, okay, I've found if I launch CodeBlocks first, I can run my .NET applications.

Does anyone know why that might be? and how do I find out what specifically it does that let's it run?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back