Transport Tycoon Deluxe Help...

TJFBryant

Island Man with Pandora in my pocket
Ok so I just bought TTD from ebay. Dos version. When I explore the files...all I have is Install.dat
Install.exe
MPScopy.exe
MPSlabs.idx
PKunzjr.exe

All this found in the Tycoon folder/english.
Nothing else.
And obviously ..I can't install anything because of my win xp.
Where are those files I need??

Please help..I am kinda desperate...and not very good at figuring this stuff out on my own. Thanks

Hmm... I'd suggest you try installing it (despite being on XP - you might find it installs without an issue, but won't run) and seeing what files are then available.

If the install.exe file still won't work, download dosbox, and a gui, and install it there (to somewhere on your real hard-drive) and then see if there are any more files - as long as you install it to a physical disk (as opposed to Dosbox's "X:\"), you'll find the files there after closing too :)

First, though, try pkunzjr-ing the MPSlabs.idx file; doubt it'll work, but it's worth a shot.

TJFBryant posted on Dec 9 2005 at 02:36 AM said:
And obviously ..I can't install anything because of my win xp.
Where are those files I need??
yep, i'm pretty sure the easiest way to get at the files is to install the game, anyway that's what I did and it worked.

Doesn't matter if the game won't run in XP, though that would be a shame (I don't know, I'm on a 98/linux dual boot), as long as the installer works ok enough to unpack all the files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back