Touchscreen Music Thingy

Falafel

Still Fresh
So, I've been happily playing with my pandora for a while now :)

And I saw somewhere on a show a little japanese device which was basically a glorified touchscreen that could play a simple melody.
I figured "My pandora can do that!" and set to work on something like that. (yesterday ;) )

Well, so I thought I'd share it for a bit, it works quite fine on desktop linux and the pandora with just 2 problems:
When exiting it crashes for some reason, but seeing how this only affects it when quitting I am not really all that interested in solving it yet.
And when run in fullscreen on the pandora it doesnt register keypresses or mouse-input.. Which is weird because on my laptop it works fine.. So if anyone has any idea why this is so, please help! ;)

The file (containing source and pandora-executable):
http://rapidshare.com/files/436964238/simpletouchscreenmusicplayer.tar.gz
http://www.2shared.com/file/dzA6L0nj/simpletouchscreenmusicplayerta.html (Apparently if you're not using firefox+abp you get annoying ads?)

I'd gladly run it through debug for you, except I can't download it. I click the download link and it opens an ad which gives me a chance to win a macbook air, I just have to subscribe (only $2 per message, what a deal, eh?)
Sorry, I'm not subscribing just to give it a try. Is there maybe a less obvious link, or somewhere else you can store it?

WizardStan said:
I'd gladly run it through debug for you, except I can't download it. I click the download link and it opens an ad which gives me a chance to win a macbook air, I just have to subscribe (only $2 per message, what a deal, eh?)
Sorry, I'm not subscribing just to give it a try. Is there maybe a less obvious link, or somewhere else you can store it?

Nah, I can understand that :p
Well, I have just used rapidshare now, edited the first post. Guess that will work better!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have downloaded it ...@WizardStan i use Firefox+ABP and never see this ads.

Very interesting app ...i'll look at it.

Thanks

Sounds great fun! I look forward to trying it out when my Pandora gets back from repairs.

It isn't that there was an ad, it's that there didn't seem to be any way of progressing around that ad. Click the download, an ad appears, I'm used to that, but normally it actually starts the download once the ad has popped up. Unless I completely missed something other than the big button in the middle that said "Download".

Intriguing.. I'm envisioning something that sounds like a Theramin with lightning onscreen where you touch, and I must be 200% off :)

Jeffphone

skeezix said:
Intriguing.. I'm envisioning something that sounds like a Theramin with lightning onscreen where you touch, and I must be 200% off :)

Jeffphone

Hmm, I looked on the wiki page for that thing and that sounds pretty cool too!
When I get home I am going to look into adding that as well :)
But right now it is just a simple player where you can add the notes by clicking the screen, nothing too fancy as of yet ;)

EDIT:

So I have been messing around a bit with an extra feature for it, where you drag the stylus over the screen to change the frequency of a second sound and the distance between the overtones.. But while it runs fine on the pc the pandora inevitably chokes on them.. I have moved some stuff to seperate threads now which alleviated the problems a little bit but it doesn't work very great.

Im thinking of starting over again from with maybe a different lib or something that is lighter, maybe that helps..
Does anyone have any suggestions for what to use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back