Toolchain Problem

tom12519

Still Fresh
Okay, I set the env variables, which turn otu to be:
Code:
tom12519@tom12519-desktop:~/Desktop/gp2xdev/toolchain$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/g ames:/usr/local/gp2xdev/bin
tom12519@tom12519-desktop:~/Desktop/gp2xdev/toolchain$ echo $GP2XDEV
/usr/local/gp2xdev
Then I run "sudo make" (to overcome any possibly permissions problems) - and the following error is produced (after much compiling):
Code:
make[3]: gp2x-ar: Command not found
make[3]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 127
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/tom12519/Desktop/gp2xdev/toolchain/gcc-4.0.2/build-gp2x/gcc'
make[2]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tom12519/Desktop/gp2xdev/toolchain/gcc-4.0.2/build-gp2x/gcc'
make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tom12519/Desktop/gp2xdev/toolchain/gcc-4.0.2/build-gp2x'
make: *** [/usr/local/gp2xdev/bin/gp2x-gcc] Error 2
I have tried recompiling many times, but to no avail, can anybody help?

torpor posted on Jul 17 2006 at 03:57 PM said:
Whats with the space in your PATH?
I presume that's the new line that *was* in my terminal window as it wasn't wide enough.
Any help anybody else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also having the exact same issue (running Ubuntu Dapper 6.06), I will keep trying to figure it out, but so far nothing has come up to work. lol, btw this is the ONLY time this error has been mentioned on the entire google search, thats amazing :p

Heh, I fixed it, and I know whats wrong. edit your .bashrc file to export the GP2XDEV and PATH values as stated in the readme file, then logout and login again. Now you can built the toolchain without having any error's or issues. Also, make sure you manually created the gp2xdev folder as directed in the readme file.

Back