To Sdhc, Or Not Sdhc

Mr.Bungle

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought my very own GP2x :) and I was looking for a good SD card to go with it when I noticed SDHC ( SD high capacity) cards, and I was wondering if these would work on a GP2x.

If you've got an F200, you can plug one straight in. The firmware supports SDHC.

If you've got an F100, it's just a matter of putting the right firmware on it:
slaanesh said:
The ultimate firmware version IMHO (for the F-100) is notaz's mod to 2.11 to give SDHC support. Nothing more is required.
It's definitely worth going with SDHC. 8GB in a GP2X is simply dreamy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can indeed (F200 only I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong). I am a happy user of F200 with 8GB Sandisk SDHC card. Works wonders.

[Edit]
Cool, Gruso corrected me even before I sent my post, great! :)

Gruso said:
If you've got an F200, you can plug one straight in. The firmware supports SDHC.

If you've got an F100, it's just a matter of putting the right firmware on it:
slaanesh said:
The ultimate firmware version IMHO (for the F-100) is notaz's mod to 2.11 to give SDHC support. Nothing more is required.
It's definitely worth going with SDHC. 8GB in a GP2X is simply dreamy. :)
I thought that a GP2X F100 with firmware 4 was also SDHC compatible? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I believe it is. I guess it comes down to preference - use GPH's newer, official firmware, or the Notaz's older "customised" firmware. Various comments from around the boards have given me the impression that the older one is preferable, but I've got no opinion to offer personally. :)

Back