Text To Pic Conversion

OMars

Website
Visit site
I have been looking for a good program to convert text files (*.txt, etc) into images (*.png, etc).

If possible, I would like either:

-a direct txt-2-pic converter

OR

-a txt-2-pdf converter, along with a pdf-2-pic converter

Of course, it would be great if the program was free, too. :unsure: I've been scouring the internet for these programs, and, as of yet, have not found a good program.

I'm looking forward to any person's helpful response!

nickspoon said:
ImageMagick does it, and well. Here's an example of how you can use it to draw text.

This just confused me, because I meant a program that converts text ebooks into separate images for every page. It's nice that you replied, though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Say you have a big .txt file. This is how you would convert it into a series of images, one page per image:

convert text:file.txt file.png

It's that simple :)

nickspoon said:
Say you have a big .txt file. This is how you would convert it into a series of images, one page per image:

I've installed it, but where do I actually start? Which program do I use? There are multiple applications in the folder it was installed in.

EDIT: Do I use a command prompt?

OMars said:
nickspoon said:

I've installed it, but where do I actually start? Which program do I use? There are multiple applications in the folder it was installed in.

Yep. Just cd to wherever your text file is and run that command.

nickspoon said:
OMars said:
nickspoon said:

Yep. Just cd to wherever your text file is and run that command.

I've tried multiple ways of typing that command in, but none have worked. I think it may be the fact that I have multiple accounts on my computer. Every command prompt begins with the path to my account (C:\Documents and Settings\*account name*>). How would one go about removing that from the beginning of a command prompt.

Alex. said:
Type cd ../..
It cleared the the path down to "C:\>", but when I type in the command, it still does nothing. :(

EDIT: BTW, it says "Invalid Parameter - file.png"

well first of all you need to figure out the path of the directory you put it in and then type

cd "wherever you put it"
(keep the quotes)

Or instead of using Imagemagick you could just use Irfanview's batch convert function.

This is what I'm typing in:
C:\Documents and Settings\*user*>convert text:HHoF.txt HHoF.png

And this is what I am getting after I press enter:
Invalid Parameter - HHoF.png

That path that I put in earlier is the path of "HHoF.txt", btw. What am I doing wrong? :huh:

So HHoF.txt is in C:\Documents and Settings\*super-secret-name*\?

Did you try to make other image conversions with it, to see if the tool works in other instances?

Alex. said:
So HHoF.txt is in C:\Documents and Settings\*super-secret-name*\?

Did you try to make other image conversions with it, to see if the tool works in other instances?
*Note: the reason that I don't want to share my account name is because I use it for other sites...and I don't feel like letting the people here know that name.

I did try one other txt file, and that didn't work either.

Back