Teasing The Waiting People...

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as every normal person is awaiting the gp2x, I thought, why don't we tease them a bit...

I'd like to start uploading some apps, emus, whatever for the gp2x onto the gp2x File Archive and do some newsposts...

So, if you have ANYTHING which is ready to be released (Quake port, e.g.), just give me a link and description and I'll upload it. :)

It doesn't have to be perfect yet (as the GP32 community is used to beta versions ;)), but I think people will be happy seeing there already is something they can download :)

What do you guys think about it?

I like it ;) but I have nothing that is not going out via Open2x and that's all GCC/Low level shit.

ScummVM does an 'eat my SD card' special and untill I am sure it's not my code doing that it's not going near paying peoples GP2X's ;).

I've got a version of duke with only half the buttons mapped, another version that doesn't run, and a version of quake that crashes when starting the game. In fact the only thing I have that might work doesn't start at the moment because the buttons aren't mapped, and I don't want people becoming aware of it until I've made certain that it's at least slightly playable. Once I've got working versions of duke and quake I'll let you know and then you're more than welcome to post them.

... so, anything ready? Whether buggy or not? :p

(I heard there's Duke3D with sound out already... that would be a ROCKIN' teaser for the waiting people :))

10fps on UAE? You must be blowing something.. even on the Zod its doing better than that, in multiple ports. Perhaps you shoudl chat up with Voda, as hes fairly intimate with UAE and cut it down a fair amount. (Maybe you're intimiate too, I dunno :)

Sorry I've been quiet lately.. trying to catch up on life, and stuck in training for a few days too.. bleh :)

jeff

Skeezix, I can port it to the Zodiac and get about 13 fps, so I can only assume it's not the code by the actual system or OS. Just waiting for Rob for get his SD driver working properly, then I'll be trying the HH method rather than Linux.

Oh, you have 10 fps with Linux sitting in the back (and I guess only one processor yet)?

Then it should definately be possible to speed it up with HH :)

Maybe the second processor could take care of some custom chips - seems suited :)

Back