Supertux Gp2x Problem, Wont Start

peetabix

Still Fresh
When starting Supertux all i get is a black screen, anyone else getting this? Is there anything i can do to make the game work for me?

I'm running FW 1.4.

Seems like it has the same problem as the hacked SquidgeSNES...
Try running a game on GNGeo or Commander Keen before running SuperTux, should work.

SuperTux works fine on my 2x, whereas the afflicted version of squidgesnes didn't, and nothing's changed. That wouldn't make sense, but the error in general is strange.

EvilDragon posted on Apr 17 2006 at 12:00 AM said:
Try running a game on GNGeo or Commander Keen before running SuperTux, should work.
Thanks ED that works, its a strange problem. Anyone know the cause?

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon posted on Apr 17 2006 at 12:00 AM said:

Work also for me!
another strange thing, in GNGeo running pbobblen it work but i cant see the screen, strange....
Like a black square in the middle of real screen that cover the game.

Now playing supertux :)

I have two gp2x's. The game freezes on startup on one of them (running 1.4.0) and works okay on the other one (running 1.2.1). It's the same SD card. On the one where it freezes, this is what comes out of the serial port:

Datadir: /mnt/sd/supertux-0.1.3-bin/./data
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: WML18 (Wolfson WM9711/9712)
screen width: 320, height: 240

and then nothing more. black screen.

On the machine where it works, this is the output on the serial port:

Datadir: /mnt/sd/supertux-0.1.3-bin/./data
screen width: 320, height: 240
SDL_SYS_JoystickInit

Don't know if this helps any.

I also have the problem where supertux and the hacked versions of ssnes show only black screen. I noticed the problem with supertux on the open2x firmware and hacked ssnes on both cramfs and open2x (never tried supertux on cramfs).

i found some probleme in the last version of the game, in the option screen if i reconfigure the controles i can assign one button to all the fonctions and then i be bloqued ;). I know is a stupid bug (from me ;)) but is here ;)

Slight highjack but I can't seem to beat the first level in SuperTux. I come to a brick wall with a sign that says RUN!, but I can't seem to jump over the wall. I know this makes me sound retarded but can anyone offer help?

jdwrrzmm posted on Apr 28 2006 at 11:08 PM said:
Slight highjack but I can't seem to beat the first level in SuperTux. I come to a brick wall with a sign that says RUN!, but I can't seem to jump over the wall. I know this makes me sound retarded but can anyone offer help?
Well, if it says run, you run! I believe it's the X button. Same mechanics as any Mario game.

Back