Sudoers and other Security discussions (Split From Box86 Thread )

You shouldn't need your user or root password to set up an SMTP server, except to sudo and that shouldn't be broadcast over the network anyway. I assume some confusion in setting up caused you to broadcast your user password over the network.

Ah, so it was actually the client that leaked it (and you already had evil doers on your local network), but you were doing that as part of testing the server I assume. Fair does then I guess.

The Question is: Why do whe not use 2 Users on the System: On my Debian 11 Desktop, i have a User "Matzesu" who isnt in Sudeors yet, and i have the User "Root"..

So you would use the "Matzesu" for you usual stuff (Office, Youtube etc), and when you par exemple want to install a Multiarch System or something, use "Root"

Oh and how save is this ARM64 System whit Debian ?
Somethimes you get an Email: "I have installed a Troyanian on you PC whyle you was watching "P##yra Videos" , you made something that is not sutable for younger audiance, and i record it, i will send it to all of you contacts if you dont pay 2000000 Hamsters to my Bitcoin Adress"

I know its scam, but well, as you may open a Bottle Cap whit you shiny new Swiss Army Knive, you may also watch P##yra Videos on you shiny new Computer.. ^^

On most linuxes I've experienced, even when you configure a single user there are actually two (well actually plenty more, but only two with a valid login shell at least), the specifed user and root. Root is a bit different to user because roots home directory is actually in /root directly in the root folder of the system, not somewhere under /home like normal users are, and of course he's basically able to do anything to the system including completely buggering it up, which is not something a normal user should be able to do normally, although they are always allowed to screw up their own data, which might be almost as frustrating if they're the only user.

I've never received emails after watching youtube videos personally. I have never given youtube my email address, because I don't want to use any of the user functionality that site has, I'm happy with rss feeds and my own homebrew system for watching them. Has someone got your email address out of youtube, or is it actually a feature of the youtube site where a user can ping you and it ends up sending their comment as an email, or something like that.

My example whit the "Pyra Video" was not meant to be "Pyra" but the other thing whit "P" ....
This P## blackmail Scam is well known, and as not many PC Users dont watch this, the Scamer got a good amount of Peaple who believe this..

The USB Hub, i have my Webcam connectet too is by the way switchable: You have to switch on the Ports who are needed, .. ^^

sudoers-reporting_116942702_1776046902536069_8176463431213466097_o.jpg

I dont know how, but when i used "sudo apt update" Yesterday on my Phythian, it worked, and i ditnt made any changes in sudoers..
Not sure about the OS on the Phythian, but some distributions enable the user's sudoers access by default.

On Phythian, I use Debian 11 whit KDE , after I set it up, sudo ditnt work because my User wasn’t in sudeors , but now Sudo Works and I don’t know why ..

Therefore Wine CFG dosnt work anymore as it dosnt find it’s file…

That can be investigated, if you care. sudo cat /etc/sudoers will show you your sudoers file, which you can scan for your username, or the name of a group you are in. The groups you are in can be found out by typing 'groups' as you user.

Back