Streets Of Rage Remake

BAFelton

Website
www.open-consoles.com
Now working on Caanoo : http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59154-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-finally/

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant download the pc version to test it on the caanoo. The site says bandwidth exceeded anyone else know of a place to get it?

Never mind I found a place. Getting ready to test now

Oh my God I got it working and it runs beautifully on the Caanoo. It has a tiny bit of slowdown on certain parts of the game but it doesn't hinder the gameplay so its all good. Thank you to all those who contributed towards getting this to run on Caanoo. Looks like the SORR project is well and truly alive and well then guys.

BTW, I did notice that on the bike stage that the truck doesn't show up on screen for some reason. Also, I noticed a lot of slowdown on the SOR3 twin female boss character stage. These are all minor nitpicks and I am not sure if anything can be done to fix them, but just wanted to give a heads up. Really good port though and am thrilled its working on the Caanoo.

qbertaddict said:
I still cant get it to work. I will keep trying

hi-ban, on 24 April 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:
i have reconverted the audio files. The originals are 44100/128k. These ones are 22050/64k.
So you can try with these and see if you get higher speed.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J36W8K33

EDIT: and here is how i have it in the caanoo, which is working for me.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQQ5PFZB (complete game with reconverted audio files and bgd runtime for caanoo)

Just unzip it in the root of the SD card, and launch the executable via the file explorer.

P.S: if i'm not allowed to post that files, mods feel free to edit my post as convenient.

forget about the last file i posted. i've been trying with overclock settings and such...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D11RBM6L

this is, again, the avobe, but with overclock (at 700)
unzip in GAME folder. it includes an INI to launch it from the game menu.

also, if you want to tweak it a bit more, you can edit the "sor.gpu" file with notepad++ and modify the "./pollux_set...." line.

put this:
Code:
./pollux_set "cpuclk=750;dpc_clkdiv0=9;ram_timings=3,8,4,1,1,1,1"
or you can try with different values.
overclocking at more than 750 makes the game crash after a while on my caanoo.

hi-ban said:
forget about the last file i posted. i've been trying with overclock settings and such...

also, if you want to tweak it a bit more, you can edit the "sor.gpu" file with notepad++ and modify the "./pollux_set...." line.

put this:
Code:

Thank you it works perfect. I have it running at 780 and there is only an occasional pause. This is a great remake. I did a video of it and gave you guys credit for the package. If you want me to remove the link to the file let me know.

hi-ban said:

put this:
Code:

thanks for your work.

I'm still having problems with slowdown and missing sprites. Is there anything that can be done to fix at least the missing sprites?

The truck on the bike level is missing for one. There may be other stuff but I don't remember specifically. Not trying to be nitpicky but I did notice it and wanted to give a heads up.

Thank you all for the converted audio files and the tweak in sor.gpu. I have a big problem of game speed when the music is running, I guess these two "options" will allow me to play normally :)

So, I downloaded SORR for Caanoo, but starting it just crashes the game (it doesn't load, and pushes me back to the Caanoo's GUI). Is there something more to making it run that I don't know about? And yes, the Bennu Runtime is in the correct location.

Strange, didn't notice much difference with or without the music.
The first time I played, I thought I noticed. Then I went back to play without music and it made no big difference. Still slowdowns.
And the music is important in this game. It's boring without the music. Good thing, it's still enjoyable with the music without severe slow down.

Also, overclock does not seem to work. That's strange too. I don't know if it's really applied or not.

Today I tried it in my Wiz and strange too, it seems to be faster on Wiz. But maybe it's the path I am following in the game, maybe it has simpler backgrounds. It's almost smooth except from little slowdowns. I'd like to tweak it more, maybe make sure the overclock works.

But it prooves to be a fun game even for the handhelds no matter the slower speed.

The game is long, slower means more hours to play. I spent at least 1 hour and few minutes on the PC to finish it. Usually I play in my gameparks when I am on the bus or in other occasions. It's less than half an hour. But I found this: On the PC, if you get out of the game abruptly (say there is a power-off or the OS crashes) or use Alt+X to do this, then when you start again a savestate is loaded. It starts in the very beginning of the level you were. That's a great idea. On Wiz/Caanoo, do not quit from pause. Simply close the device. It will have saved a savestate from the beginning of the level you have started. So, when you play two levels in the bus/metro and you want to continue next time from that point, this is great. Or when your battery is off unexpectedly. Because the game naturally is too long.

Is there any info on what's causing the truck sprite and whatever other sprites (if any) to disappear?

I also noticed that I couldn't get some of the mods to work either. I put them in the mods folder but they won't work.

Back