GP2X Source Code For Gp2xmenu?

TerryH

Still Fresh
Where can one find the published source code for the gp2xmenu launcher?

The problem is that the launcher won't mount an SD card if it has an ext2 (or anything other than vfat) file system on it. Vfat isn't the most convenient choice of filesystem for Linux game development, so it'd be nice to use ext2. However, at present I find myself having to go into the sterm terminal utility to manually mount the SD card on each boot, which is obviously a pain.

I've been looking for explicit mount commands, and it looks like the culprit may be a hard-coded string within the gp2xmenu binary! I would prefer to patch this so that it honors the /etc/fstab settings, which should be the standard Linux way to define what sort of filesystems are allowed.

Anyway, the obvious thing to do is to look at the source to understand what the developers where thinking when they wrote this.

EDIT: well, after patching the file, I see that this apparently isn't the thing causing my problem, but I'm still intereste in finding the source code for the menu application.

TIA

Okay, well I've found a statement saying that the menu is non-free, so no source code is published.

That seems really silly to me, but it answers my question.

hex edit it and search/replace ext2 - it's the same length as vfat, or try "auto"

TerryH posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:27 PM said:
Okay, well I've found a statement saying that the menu is non-free, so no source code is published.

thats how gph likes it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Redeeman posted on Dec 13 2006 at 04:56 PM said:
TerryH posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:27 PM said:

thats how gph likes it....

non-free or silly ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back