Software Trumps Everything

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Another post from me on Pandoralive on how Software is the only true thing that does matter for any platform, and especially on the Pandora. (and why you shouldn't care too much about when the Pyra comes out anyway)

--> Continue Reading

softwaretrumps.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it's the Software, that makes an system successful or not at the end. Do peope really think it's only the Hardware?  ^^  Good Hardware can produce good Software but without good Software even the best Hardware is useless. I remember Atari Lynx and Jaguar, both superior for it's time compared to their competitors but they failed due lack of good software. There are more examples of this, even big companies can tell some interesting stories I'm sure.

Of course it's the Software, that makes an system successful or not at the end. Do peope really think it's only the Hardware?  ^^  Good Hardware can produce good Software but without good Software even the best Hardware is useless. I remember Atari Lynx and Jaguar, both superior for it's time compared to their competitors but they failed due lack of good software. There are more examples of this, even big companies can tell some interesting stories I'm sure.
Sure, but this article is timely since most people here are debating about "the Pyra should have this or that" while they fail to see that the Pandora is full of flaws but works very well just because its software's offering is great.

Sure, but this article is timely since most people here are debating about "the Pyra should have this or that" while they fail to see that the Pandora is full of flaws but works very well just because its software's offering is great.
Yupp, some people seems to forget that sometimes. ^^ Even if it took a while in case of the Pandora and to reach a good software level. But the current Pandora Software base is already a nice foundation for the upcoming Pyra, I'm sure stuff can pe ported easily so we don't have to start "from zero". :)

Well, 2013 was the first year where you could buy the Pandora completely from stock, even the 1GHz one. If devices are available, people will buy and create software :)

True. Just look at something like the PS Vita. Lovely piece of hardware, but not so great on the software side. I'm sure it'll pick up eventually, though. 

If software can really trump everything, then someone should get working on a better Saturn emulator. I think that a little more effort will result in some games being playable (such as Magic School Lunar).

If software can really trump everything, then someone should get working on a better Saturn emulator. I think that a little more effort will result in some games being playable (such as Magic School Lunar).
Look, try to understand why Saturn emulators are not easy to make, and then please come back with humility at what's already available. The Saturn has a very atypical design (2 Risc CPUs working in parallel and sharing a common piece of memory, bundled with a bunch of co-processors for display, sound and geometry calculations), it's far from easy to reproduce how it works, and even more to do it in a fast way. 

And "Software Trumps Everything" does not mean that it makes the Impossible Possible.

Back