GP32 So I've Taken A Class In C++

harminoff

Still Fresh
and am half good. i had to make a tyme machine and i did that.

all i know is text based stuff. but what i want to know is how to take what i learned and use it to make things for the gp32.

i downloaded the library i beleive, (win32lib and inlcude folders?) but i cant seem to find any info to move on.

every example i compile just seems to make a gp32 emulator type thing.

is there any simple games around that have step by step so i can get a start. once i learn the basics of this, i feel like i will be able to do the rest pretty easily.

Download DevKitArm and then Mirko's SDK, the later contains many GP32 examples. It seems what you have at the minute basically just creates application for Windows, which can be ported to GP32 later on.

If you don't have Pacrom or similar, don't forget to convert them to FXE's.

Actually you have basically 2 choices:

Gamepark SDK (GP32 and also Windows).
Mr. Mirko SDK.

If you want to code in C++, go for Mr. Mirko, if you only want to code in C, you can choose Gamepark SDK and install the Windows library. It's the best choice if you want to use a debugger.

If you want to code in C++ using Gamepark SDK, you will need ADS compiler, but it's not freeware and only compiles for GP32.

When you say win32lib, do you mean the libs you can find in my Development's Page?
If you need some help, don't be worried to ask.

Oankali.

Is there any tutorial that covers how to set up this stuff In Dev C++, I haven't tried anything yet, or searched, or fooled around. I don't think these tutuorials should be for VC 6++ because Anyone can use Dev C++ because its free and awesome! So, anyway don't flame me, or call me lazy or anything, because I am going to bed. Hopefully someone here knows; and even more hopefully everyone thats a dev and knows C++ knows of Dev C++ :rolleyes: .

Those tutorials don't use VC 6++, they use the free open-source compiler, GCC. Dev-C++ is just a IDE, which means its pretty much just a glorified notepad made for coding with built-in macros that pass paremeters over to the compiler. In english, you can use any compiler with Dev-C++ you just have to set up its makefile settings and etc.

so i gotta code this stuff in notepad and compile it with the freeware compiler?

isnt a way to code/compile in visual c++ 6.0

K0K0NUT_h3lmut posted on Apr 29 2005 at 03:00 AM said:
Is there any tutorial that covers how to set up this stuff In Dev C++, I haven't tried anything yet, or searched, or fooled around. I don't think these tutuorials should be for VC 6++ because Anyone can use Dev C++ because its free and awesome! So, anyway don't flame me, or call me lazy or anything, because I am going to bed. Hopefully someone here knows; and even more hopefully everyone thats a dev and knows C++ knows of Dev C++ :rolleyes: .
If I've done the tutorial for VC 6++, it's because it's the one I use, I have tried Dev C++ a long time ago but wasn't satisfied by the results as I couldn't debug my programs.
As I always say, the major benefit of using VC and the Gamepark SDK for Windows is the ability to compile and debug your programs for Windows. But it seems that you can't use C++.
You say Dev C++ is free, did you know about Visual C++ Express Edition?

Blah posted on Apr 29 2005 at 03:05 AM said:
Those tutorials don't use VC 6++, they use the free open-source compiler, GCC. Dev-C++ is just a IDE, which means its pretty much just a glorified notepad made for coding with built-in macros that pass paremeters over to the compiler. In english, you can use any compiler with Dev-C++ you just have to set up its makefile settings and etc.
The firt tutorial is to use GCC, the second one is tu use VC 6++ with Gamepark SDK for Windows.

harminoff posted on Apr 29 2005 at 03:59 AM said:
so i gotta code this stuff in notepad and compile it with the freeware compiler?

isnt a way to code/compile in visual c++ 6.0
Explained above.
There is also a way to use VC++ to compile ARM code through GCC compiler but didn't manage to fin the right settings.
If anyone has done it, please contact me ;)

Oankali

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use VC as an editor, but not a compiler. What you can do however, is create a makefile project, shove GCC in there, and then when you tell VC to build, it'll call your makefile. No GUI for all of GCC's options, but at least it's more integrated, and the errors/etc appear in VC's output window (you could pipe the output of GCC through a SED script if you want enable the "jump to error" functions in VC).

For example, the following will parse the error listing into something suitable for VC...

sed -r 's/^#error.{6}//;s/^#warning.{6}//;s=:([[:digit:]]+)(=(\1) =g' < errors

It assumes that when make is run, the normal (stdout) is left alone, and the error output (stderr) is redirected to a file called "errors". It'll spit it's output to stdout, which should be the VC output window.

EDIT: Add a sample script, disable emoticons. Damned things always screw up scripts.

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh so confused

can i code it in vc++ and compile it?

will the testing be done in windows or will i need to transfer it to test it?

do i need the same files in each folder of each project i make? if so what?

where can i find these files, and how can i set them up?

is there any tutorials that run you through setting it up for vc++ and compiling/running a hello world program?

Back