Snes9x4P fullscreen display/filter options..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
Fantastic little emulator (many thanks skeezix) just wondering if there are plans to implement any of the fantastic filters incl in the Windows builds of Snes9x.. Scanlines, SuperEagle, Super2xsal, Hq3/4x and so on.. in future builds..?

It's already great, this for me would make it indispensable.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
hq3/4x would serve no purpose since the Pandora's resolution is barely 2x the SNES resolution.

Otherwise, there was a push, briefly, for more filters but developers ran out of steam. Scanlines would probably be an easy one to implement.

Fantastic little emulator (many thanks skeezix) just wondering if there are plans to implement any of the fantastic filters incl in the Windows builds of Snes9x.. Scanlines, SuperEagle, Super2xsal, Hq3/4x and so on.. in future builds..?
First you'd have to compare things with a Windows build of version 1.39, since that is what the port is based on (trust me, I know this since I am the current maintainer of it ;) ). Adding scanlines is dead easy (just means that you don't render every 2nd line), but personally I think it a useless feature. The other filters and stuff like "make it real fullscreen without any black border" won't happen unless someone takes the time to implement it, which won't be me. There is already one "high quality 2x" filter implemented, but that one is *really* slow. The useful options are plain 2x2, 3x2 as well as 2x2 Scale2x and on my side there are *no* plans regarding further extensions of this list.

Its a function of free hands; theres not many hands, and so those hands get put to the things the owners want done. When you have lots of extra hands around, people throw them into projects willy nilly.. but when you have one guy spread across a dozen projects, he puts them to use where he finds an itch, or something gets really interesting :) If a dev doesn't 'need' a feature, you need to prod and poke and offer fresh baked muffins :) So my question is.. do you have any hands? ;)

Trust me, if you offer fresh bagels to Ivanovic, he'll wash your car ;)

the snes9x4p is a port of snes9x, after the dingoo ports by SiEnCe and then I pandorraified it and added some niceties, then Wiz and Ivanovic polished it up a bit, and I think its 'good enough' for all 'our' needs (thoguh Iv'e got a few changes I'd like to toss in.) Its all open source so if anyone else wants to dive in, they're very welcome and supported :)

jeff

Its a function of free hands; theres not many hands, and so those hands get put to the things the owners want done. When you have lots of extra hands around, people throw them into projects willy nilly.. but when you have one guy spread across a dozen projects, he puts them to use where he finds an itch, or something gets really interesting :) If a dev doesn't 'need' a feature, you need to prod and poke and offer fresh baked muffins :) So my question is.. do you have any hands? ;)

Trust me, if you offer fresh bagels to Ivanovic, he'll wash your car ;)

the snes9x4p is a port of snes9x, after the dingoo ports by SiEnCe and then I pandorraified it and added some niceties, then Wiz and Ivanovic polished it up a bit, and I think its 'good enough' for all 'our' needs (thoguh Iv'e got a few changes I'd like to toss in.) Its all open source so if anyone else wants to dive in, they're very welcome and supported :)

jeff

Thanks for the reply,

I would love to contribute, alas my coding chops are not really up to the task (just recently started to learn C++) i was just hoping that by throwing this out there someone might consider it a worthy enough pursuit to invest some time in.. here's hoping!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back