Snes emulators...

GbaDoctor

Still Fresh
I'm new into gp32 console, so i was chilling around whit emulators.

What about the current snes state? i heard peoples that still talkin about Opensnes like a god in the earth...to be honest , that emu doesn't work good.

my problem is that: some games crash my gp32, some games supposedly to work, simply don't...so what's the point? i make that snes dir into gpmm dir and puted a few roms in it (b4 someoen ask: i will not provide any links) . Opensnes founds them , but other emus like snes9x or snesemu simply crashs.

So? emulation is not that perfect too, i wanna know what emus r currently in development and what not.

I posted for an help about ma problems...but also to say that some peeps gives wrong infos...

ah , these r the games that i tried: (let's talk about a comp list...will u?)

Street Fighter 2 ww (ok)
King Of Dragons
Knights Of The Rounds (ok)
Demon Crest (ok)
DBZ Hyper Dimension
Joe And MAc

of those, 3 only works
suggestions?

thanx in (gba) advance :D

What about the current snes state? i heard peoples that still talkin about Opensnes like a god in the earth...to be honest , that emu doesn't work good.
compared to the previous SNES emulators available, the quality of OpenSnes IS a godsend.

I can happily play the following "Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Mario World, Super Aleste and Bust-A-Move" at playable speeds WITH sound AND save states. (156mhz overclocking, frameskip 1, sound at 8-bit 11khz)

personally that's more than good enough for me and the fact that this emulator is only in it's early stages with further promised speed increases in the near future means that i can't really complain at all

no emulator will ever be 100% perfect, but this is a damn lot better than i ever expected a SNES emulator on my GP32 to be able to reach

Last edited by a moderator:
opensnes9xgp is the best snes emulator, still in development by an awesome guy called yoyofr.
the current version is 0.2 so, its not already completed yet, but it runs many games fairly well and i think, in a few months this emulator will run most snes games at full speed with sound.

yoyo said, he wanted to make an update this months, so i look up this site and his site (http://yoyofr.fr.st/) several times per day.

Hmmm, probably need to check your ROM dumps. If other people are getting their roms to work while yours don't, they are probably different dumps.

Other thing: try everything at the lowest clock speed you can to check compatability.

okee guys, thanx for reply ( and i wish to say sorry cos my bro popped in mirc channel whit my nickname asking for warez...don't worry, i already kicked in the balls him)

one more thing:

Why ma gp32 won't run more than 140mhz? i mean, it's a unit feature or what?
i saw u peeps running it at 166mhz, mines doesn't want to stay up at 153 and this sux. btw, my R button and DIR stick r fucked up, is safe to open it? anyway the warranty is ceased so....any suggestion b4 i do it?

Does anyone suggest me other snes emus? i noticed that Snes9x and Snesemu runs some games that opensnes doesn't...btw b4 i forgot anyone get worx King Of Dragons? i wish to play it....does Super Mario World 2 worx too?

thanx in (gba)advance

doc

ahahahhaha hey vimacs, ma bro tell me a lots of things about u. we share same comp and mirc things. but usually isn't that bitch. well. ur dog writes linux? whoa man, take him to someone, it mus be talent!

btw: ma bro completed the order to lik-sang.com...he say that u got nerves while u was tryin to explain how to pay....sorry, i wasn't there in that moment. I'm respondable of the mess that he does.

neuway, again: no one tried King Of Dragons on snes emulators?

thanx in (gba)advance.

bye

Back