Slubman's Fw With Phodrive(linux & Windows98)

Cyclops

I finally got windows 98se working with Slubman's Fw With Phodrive and am overjoyed had to install windows98 unoffical service pack and then a patch from microsoft it was all very interesting. Its the best. I only did this because I installed the Phodrive version not the link version by mistake, and was left in a bit of a panic without XP. I couldn´t find anywhere where this was done in 98.

It would be ideal to do the same in linux. I get a similar message to one posted ealier in the forum somewhere but am unable to get this working. With this I can move from my 98 machine entirely.

no that tool is supposed to work differently (it doesn't at least for me),
it uses the normal pclink protocol to access the smc, so doesn't have the speed advantage of gpDrive or phoDrive, also it is a program for linux not for gp32 like phoDrive.
would be indeed real nice if gpDrive or similar were to work with linux.

I didn´t understand the whole gpdrive/phodrive thing. It says that phodrive is based off 0.5 yet when I look at FireFly´s homepage it has builds up to 9 and implies it works with windows98(the drivers did not work for me for windows 98)I had to use an unoffical service pack which included mass storage in it. If 0.5 equates to build5 and linux/mac os only work with 9 Do I need phodrive updated as It were. Then I can ditch windows :D

Firefly's mass storage app isn't gpdrive (gpdrive was written by Squidge). Firefly couldn't get writing to work, and Squidge couldn't get gpdrive working on all operating systems.

Back