Skin 'poison' For Firmware 2.1.0

thoro

I finally found some time to update my skin 'Poison' for the new Firmware 2.1.0. I decided to continue only the blue version (it was available in blue and green before).

>Download

Here's a screenshot:

gp2x_thoro_skin_poison_210.jpg

good work!

One suggestion: Pluralize the icon names or else it looks odd.

Game -> Games

Photo -> Photos

Can you do that or is that hard coded? I dont even remember what the default icon titles are because i use gmenu.

But you have settingS, and UtilitieS, so you might as well have videos, games, photos and ebooks.

And again, nice job.

Musics, too!

The skin looks good, I especially like the icons. The background scanlines however are very tiring for the eyes, so I would trade them for a smoother background. The GP2X in the top-right corner looks tacky and pasted on, and that outerglow doesn't help it much (make it more subtle, less opaque). As a matter of fact the whole skin would look much better without the top part. Clean for the win. :)

- Alex

ruffnutts: Just copy the file Poison.gps from the Zip-Archive to a directory called 'skin' you created on your NAND (/mnt/nand/skin). All you have to do now is to go to Settings/System in your GP2X's menu and change Skin/Theme from 'Default Skin' to 'Poison.gps'.

hicksman: It is in the image files of the buttons - I liked the idea so I changed it (see updated screenshot).

Alex: Good crits! I adjusted the scanlines, took away the GP2X from the header and got rid of the glow of the other header graphics.

synkro: Sorry about that, it's just easier to concentrate on one colour and I decided to go for blue :).

Good to see that you like the skin, just updated the file on my website...

Cheers

Thorsten

By the way, I discovered that the button structure for LCD Adjustments in the Skin Maker is not the same as in the actual firmware. Is there an updated Skin Maker for firmware 2.1.0? I wasn't able to find information about this.

awsome (love the scheme) a green would be nice tho (the blue is cool, but i guess i just prefer green) either way thanks! (dlin now)

Goemon4: It's just too much work to keep both flavours alive, sorry.

saehn: Haha, come on - update! :) I copied the old version of Poison Blue to my website, you can >grab it here.

I Can't get the USB mode working, I honestly haven't tried it since I've had my GP2X. Are there any special tricks? I have no idea how to access NAND otherwise, so are skins off limits for me now? That sucks.

I Can't get the USB mode working, I honestly haven't tried it since I've had my GP2X. Are there any special tricks? I have no idea how to access NAND otherwise, so are skins off limits for me now? That sucks.

Make a directory called "skin" on your SD card. Put the skin in that directory. Then run the GP2x and use the explorer to move the directory to the NAND.

Ready.

Last edited by a moderator:

The USB mode seems to cause problems with me SD card, so I don't use it either. Try accessing both the SD and the NAND from Samba, FTP, or Telnet using the USB Network Mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, sounds good.

Edit: Seems to work like a charm. Thanks for the tip, sbock. I was trying to do it before with the explorer, but I thought the 'skin' directory was already created in NAND, so I didn't think of making the folder on the SD card and just move that.

Back