Shedding A New Light On The Pdfviewer?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so i got my dates off

are you gonna flame me for it?

or can someone actually help?

The title of this thread is 'Cool ideas and other wishes'. It seems to me that Kronos wishes there was a quality PDF viewer available and has suggested it in the correct part of the forum. If a coder out there is looking for a project that will be useful to the community this is a really valuable resource. If the responses are going to consist of petty quibbles and 'code it yourself' comments people are going to be discouraged from making suggestions and we may lose an important feature of the open nature of the scene.
This community can have the software it wants opposed to what is imposed on it by commercial concerns. This ia a simple way to let devs know what is in demand. I really don't understand the pointless responses this suggestion has received.

Mr.Jabberwocky posted on Aug 13 2006 at 07:29 AM said:
The title of this thread is 'Cool ideas and other wishes'. It seems to me that Kronos wishes there was a quality PDF viewer available and has suggested it in the correct part of the forum. If a coder out there is looking for a project that will be useful to the community this is a really valuable resource. If the responses are going to consist of petty quibbles and 'code it yourself' comments people are going to be discouraged from making suggestions and we may lose an important feature of the open nature of the scene.
This community can have the software it wants opposed to what is imposed on it by commercial concerns. This ia a simple way to let devs know what is in demand. I really don't understand the pointless responses this suggestion has received.

He posted a link to a PDF viewer already available, and slagged it for being old and slow, thus inviting the flames. Besides, I gave him a link to help him start his journey of learning how to code ... at least I contributed something positive to the topic ... how is your post helpful again? I must have missed it ... :lol:

TelcoLou posted on Aug 13 2006 at 06:10 PM said:
He posted a link to a PDF viewer already available, and slagged it for being old and slow, thus inviting the flames. Besides, I gave him a link to help him start his journey of learning how to code ... at least I contributed something positive to the topic ... how is your post helpful again? I must have missed it ... :lol:
I apologise TelCo. Work posted eight months ago as a beta is more than adequate for free. Hopefully we will soon have a whole archive full of beta releases and no way of knowing which would be most beneficial to develop further. I mistook you providing that link as some sort of put-down when, of course, Kronos will have found it constructive and helpful.

I am sorry you had trouble comprehending my post. This may be of help:

Helpful link

Back