Sd Card Problem

Shoryu

Still Fresh
Hi :)
I've recently got a problem with my SD Card.
I was transferring some files from my computer to the SD, using the Usb connection in the Settings menu, but the transfer was interrupted (the gp2x ran out of power :p). Now i can't transfer any more files to the SD, it seems broken in some way because the usb connection from the settings menu isn't working anymore .I can hear the sound of something succesfully connected in windows when in plug it but nothing happens. I can't browse the SD on windows...
though i can use what's already in it with the gp2x.

any ideas?

thanks

Just in case nothing else works, you might want to try nuking the b*st*rd & starting from scratch ;)

I tested out the GParted CD the other day & it has no problem repartitioning SD cards through card readers. Should be easy enough to download & burn, even if your not using broadband.
Make sure that the CD is in your drive when you turn on the comp & it should boot into the operating system on the CD. This works like partition magic & will let you totaly destroy the SD's partition & make a new one.

The only problem I run into is that.. when I told it to eject & reboot, it froze my system up. Just tell it to reboot & take the CD out before it loads it up the next time.

As always with software like this, read the info & instructions carefully before using. I take no responsability for people messing up their comps by not doing it right <_<
It worked fine for me though.

Ok i've managed to format my SD card :D
In fact my problem was that i even couldn't right click on it and choose 'format' (most of the time the sd card even didn't appear in the explorer), the explorer would freeze and bug...the only card reader i have is the built in one in my desktop comp. So i wasn't sure if it was compatible with your Gparted CD but thanks i find this interesting.
so i've used this : http://www.sdcard.org/downloads/sdfv1212.exe seems like it is an official formatter . It has automatically detected my Sd card ^^

thanks for your help

EDIT : i've got some more problem windows messed up the format of the SD, it's a 1gb SD and it has 2 files of 3,45gb in it Oo

Seems like it's a fake (sandisk ultra II 1gb) :'(

Back