SD Card - broken FS/ToC (FAT32)

N3Cr0

Hello,

today I experienced a big loss of data on my SD card in the 2nd slot of my Pandora.

The Card is FAT32 formated and 16GB of data are still used. However, all I see is an empty folder named ".android_secure".

I have already tried recovering my files with "photorec" from the package "testdisk", but that tool only recovers the files without their name and without any structure.

How may this has happened? I can only guess it happened when remote accessing the file system via ssh, recently.

So, is there a way to recover the file system's ToC?

Sounds like what happened to me when I started up the Android PND one time (this was back when it was still in development) Android apparently decided to be "helpful" and automatically format the card in slot 2.

I still have no idea what actually triggers it 'cause it clearly doesn't happen every time. I do remember that the Android PND was on the card in that slot up to that point, and I figured that might have been responsible and never tried that again, but that also means I never confirmed if that was the cause.

-Neelix

Back