Screen ...interference?

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
Well, I've been enjoying my GP2X, worry free for months now, but I've been noticing some horrible interference with the screen. No matter what the GP2X is doing, playing videos, games, or idling on the screen, there are what looks like lines that jolt across the screen from left to right, as if I'm trying to watch TV with an antenna. Or like some stolen cable box, or something. It's manageable, but it's definitely annoying.

Jarring the console does nothing, so I don't think it's a connection problem, and i don't think it's a firmware problem, because I've adjusted the screen to every possible mode, so...

I want to find out what's wrong and fix it, any ideas?

If it appears to be like wavy lines then it should be able to be fixed by using the LCD adjustment. Mine suffered from this at first but was corrected quickly (it was much more noticeable with large blocks of one colour.).
The only other thing I witnessed like it was with the older firmware the screen would sometimes flicker, normally when starting a new application or changing menu screens but this hasn't been a problem with firmware 2.1.1

I have the newest firmware, so that's not the problem, and it isn't wavy lines... I've tried adjusting the LCD controls, but nothing's changing this.

Rayek posted on Dec 5 2006 at 12:14 AM said:
Well, I've been enjoying my GP2X, worry free for months now, but I've been noticing some horrible interference with the screen. No matter what the GP2X is doing, playing videos, games, or idling on the screen, there are what looks like lines that jolt across the screen from left to right, as if I'm trying to watch TV with an antenna. Or like some stolen cable box, or something. It's manageable, but it's definitely annoying.

Jarring the console does nothing, so I don't think it's a connection problem, and i don't think it's a firmware problem, because I've adjusted the screen to every possible mode, so...

I want to find out what's wrong and fix it, any ideas?
your avator ,this is what happens when you try to get neogeo working is wrong, if you need help send me a p m, and you'l be playing in no time :D

Last edited by a moderator:
fatdad posted on Dec 5 2006 at 04:06 PM said:
your avator ,this is what happens when you try to get neogeo working is wrong, if you need help send me a p m, and you'l be playing in no time :D

What's that from? Metalslug?

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I got GnGeo working, it just was a huge pain in the ass. I got it working, and I don't even want to upgrade versions because it works perfectly now...

And, to goat, this hasn't been a problem before... Probably for about a month now I've been noticing it, and it's not getting worse or better over time, it's just... there.

Back