Pandora Scratch in PND format?

Ok, I loaded up a game that I recently revisited (I'm going to rewrite it in Java). I tried running it and it works on my Pandora (1ghz) but it lags more than I'd hopes it would. I could potentially try and make the code more conservative and use less resources, which should improve performance. Currently, most elements are if statements that are constantly checking to see if their condition is true. I'll try and rewrite those then report back here.

Oh  :unsure:   That is a bit disapointing. I tried the pacman that come with Scratch (as you can see in the screenshots), and it was working well, so I had the (false) impression it was going ok. Is there in your game intensive graphics also ? It may be a weak side of the port.

http://goo.gl/c1Zq3

here is the D/L if you want to try it yourself.

As it is only partially my code (my part is more like a mod for Obstacle Runner) I'm fine with sharing it. But to anyone out there, I am already in the process of writing this in Java and no I will not make it open source, so please do not steal any ideas that are uniquely mine.

Thanks!

I have't tested your game on PC to see the exact speed, but I didn't find it laggy on the build 02 (I have a rebirth O/C at 1GHz). I'll try it on my PC later to compare...

Have-you tried-it with build 02 ? Using "fullscreen" (even if the screen is not really full, there are plenty of black, I agree).

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only a gap of 0.1 seconds between copy-ability in the code. However, because of the lag, its more like 0.5 seconds

Back