Scandinavian Gp32 Forum

Looks more like Danish to me and Denmark is not even a part of Scandinavia. Nor do the countries in Scandinavia even speak the same language.

Denmark is part of Scandinavia, but as kotd said I'm a swede too and do not understand danish that good so not useful to me either...

Denmark IS a part of scandinavia ;) and i read swedish without problems ?? ..even norwegian ??
Pip, check out an atlas or something :D
and the scandinavian languages are pretty much similar, except from finnish!!
Howcome you swedes can't read danish?? :rolleyes: Just to clarify, you can select your own language in the forum settings!
Last time the forum was running, we had a couple of swedes there too, who did fine!

..oh, and i don't read the spanish, french or german forums, but i don't think i should blame them for their language :blink:

pip posted on May 16 2004 at 12:39 AM said:
Looks more like Danish to me and Denmark is not even a part of Scandinavia. Nor do the countries in Scandinavia even speak the same language.
lol

Not even a part of Scandinavia you say.. God, I never knew!
What have they been teaching us in the Danish schools!? If they lied about that, then they could have been lying when they told us we descended from penguins....
I guess we'll never know :(

By the way, I have been picking up Swedish chicks for years, no problem communicating there.. And that's even considering the soaring Alcohol levels.. But maybe the male Swede’s linguistic skills differ from that of the female Swedes.. I have heard that eating Wasa knäckbröd all the time can have some ill side effects

(Please note that this is not an attack on the Swedish, just a bit of pissing around.. I am very fond of my brother people :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Scandinavia comes from the mountain spine between Sweden and Norway, Skanderna, it has nothing to do with Denmark. You are (along with many others) confusing the Nordic with Scandinavia.

Well pip, you got a point but I think you are confused...
To quote Wikipedia:

"Scandinavia is the cultural and historic region of the Scandinavian Peninsula. The Scandinavian countries are Norway, Sweden and Denmark, which mutually recognize each other as parts of Scandinavia. The collective label "Scandinavia" reflects the cultural similarity between these countries despite their political independence"

I guess we who live in Scandinavia have one meaning of this name and others have a another... but I must say that we who live here must be right and others wrong ;-)

Here is the source (good reading by the way)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

Back