Rps7

bja

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Ok, this idea came from reading about mac-10's fish fighting game. It's a variant of the rock-paper-scissors game rps7 with elements from beat2x. Let me know what you think.

Take a look at this image. It shows all the gestures in the game and how they are related to each other (i.e. which gestures are beaten by a given gesture). Now, for the game. Imagine that the player sees this image. In the center area a random gesture is shown and the player must select a winning gesture (one that beats the gesture shown). This is done by moving the joystick in the direction of the winning gesture.

rps1fw2.png
rps2vk8.png

The score is determined by the time it takes for the player to make the correct move. Wrong answers will take away health. When the health gets down to zero, no more points are scored (a la beat2x). Extra points may be scored if the player consistently answers within a certain time for longer periods.

Additionally, once in a while the computer will do a predifined attack. An attack is a known sequence of gestures that the player may learn to defend against. The player is notified before the attack and if s/he defends successfully, will get extra points.

rps3op6.png

So, that's basically it. Of course, this may also be turned in to a multiplayer game by just having the players take turn in attacking and defending.

If done correctly, I think this could be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back