Rom List In Drmd

celicaslc

Still Fresh
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know how to change the rom list game names in the DRMD v1.0 Emulator? I have a Shed load of Genesis Roms From A to Z I have noticed some of the titles are full where as some get abbrievated down and usually end in .BIN OR .SMD? Any idea what I have to do to give them their full titles?? Thanks a Million

Are they stored in zip files?

If they are, what are the filenames long actually in the zips. For example if you uncompress the zip file, does the uncompressed rom have a long filename?

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know how to change the rom list game names in the DRMD v1.0 Emulator? I have a Shed load of Genesis Roms From A to Z I have noticed some of the titles are full where as some get abbrievated down and usually end in .BIN OR .SMD? Any idea what I have to do to give them their full titles?? Thanks a Million

I have found that the names inside the .zip archive (the .zip itself can be anything) must be names according to the goodgen names. If you change anything, the games will just show as a one character name, often you get weird ASCII symbols. But they still load.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not had this happen. I can rename roms anything I like and it works fine. I'm currently using IZArc, what compression program are you using?

I have not had this happen. I can rename roms anything I like and it works fine. I'm currently using IZArc, what compression program are you using?
I use winRAR and it works fine.
Might not work on different compressions (and so on) though?

Winrar works fine for me B).
But I think his roms are uncompressed. It also sounds like he's NOT using v1.0.

I am not really sure how they were compressed other than ".zip" I didn't compress them I got them that way, so I am not sure which version etc.

It maybe that they were compressed with an old version of the zip compression. I use a combination of Zlib and unzip to uncompress zip files. It says the following in the unzip.h file.

"old compressions used by old PKZip 1.x are not supported."

So maybe this explains the problem.

Back