Ridiculously Noobish Question

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
I recently dug up my game CDs for this game

Apparently linux runs this game very well under WINE, and the system requirements (see link) look like the Pandora is easily capable of running it.

...so is there any reason it wouldn't?

Thanks guys.

Ah, of course. Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: I just found this. Maybe there is still a small glimmer of hope?

It is possible to run windows programs in Linux on ARM but it takes more than just wine. Way back, when the Sharp Zaurus was big news some people managed to combine wine and qemu. Qemu was providing the processer emulation while wine provided the windows libraries. If you search you may still be able to find a tutorial about how to make that work. I have no idea what to expect performance wise but it would be an interesting experiment.

Another option, which may be sufficient for non-3D low resource games would be to just run an old version of windows itself inside of qemu on the device. You would probably want 98 or maybe even 95. Whatever uses the least resources but is capable of running your game.

90mhz, DirectX. The current QEMU implementation by Laurent http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48726-qemuonarm/ - Isn't that fast on a pure benchmark comparison, not taking into account any overheads. And he has said it would take a lot of motivation for him to continue work on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back