Response Time.....

Mr Doctor

Website
www.daishi.biz
Ive had a look and there dosnt seem to be any mention of it, but its one of the most important things... does anyone know what the RS of the LCD is? Or even how it compares to the PSP (which is fecking awful imo, looking great means nothing when fast games like Doom etc blur and give you a hell of a headache).

Ive had a look and there dosnt seem to be any mention of it, but its one of the most important things... does anyone know what the RS of the LCD is? Or even how it compares to the PSP (which is fecking awful imo, looking great means nothing when fast games like Doom etc blur and give you a hell of a headache).

I don't have any figures, but seeing as it's the same screen as the GP32 BLU+ (which was blur free), there shouldn't be any :)

Last edited by a moderator:
just the term 25 ms doesn't really say how much ghosting (well that's not even technically the correct term but oh well) you'll see. It makes a lot of difference which type of panel they use as well, or at least it does for bigger LCD screens, so I assume the same goes for the small ones. Also the smaller the screen the less you're likely to notice ghosting. Anyway, the reaction time is largely a marketing term that doesn't always directly relate to the amount of ghosting visible.
As you say, there wont be all that many apps that you're likely to notice it on anyway, I'd just wait to see it irl... I'm lucky enough to not really notice all this ghosting business too much, played 3D games for years on a laptop screen that, in hindsigh, has terrible ghosting, and never noticed it durnig play, so I couldn't tell you even if I already had a GP2X.

edit: right... blur... why the hell did the term ghosting keep popping into my head... nightshifts getting to me I guess...

Mr Dr (are you a Devil Doll fan by any chance?),

Have you played DOOM on the GP32 BLU? There's absolutely no blur and it's a joy to play/watch. The GP2X has the same LCD, so it should be just perfect for FPSes.

Cheers, obviously you cant really tell much, but the strafe past the pillars dosnt look to blur at all... yay!

Mr Dr (are you a Devil Doll fan by any chance?),
Indeedily, and I love you for even knowing who they are! ;)

Have you played DOOM on the GP32 BLU? There's absolutely no blur and it's a joy to play/watch. The GP2X has the same LCD, so it should be just perfect for FPSes.
Nah, GP32 was always on my to buy list, but when I finally got round to it, GP2x was just a little bit off so I decided to wait. Good to hear though.

Even if the blur was as bad as the PSP it wouldnt put me off, I'm sure the best things its going to offer arent solely FPS. TV out alone makes it worth it for me.

Cheers everyone! B)

I play Doom 1 and 2 and Wolf3D on my GP32 BLU+ all the time.

Wolf3D version I have is the older one where all the action goes MUCH too fast to be accurate, but even when the screen is speeding along at full tilt, not even a slight afterimage shows up. Bubsy for the Genesis (on DrMD) runs at super great speeds and no blurring at all. (although I think my rom is defective, the score keeps "tilting" on me)

yeah, like i said in that thread, the rating doesn't say much sometimes. psp's lcd is rated at 22ms grey-grey, yet it ghosts so much with everything, unlike computer lcd monitors that have a 22ms rating, or the ghost-free 25ms gp32 blu+ lcd.

Back