Requesting Help With Neo-Geo On The Gp2X Wiz

GothikOrk

Still Fresh
Hello, I'm relatively new to the homebrew and console emulator scene, although I have had some experience with the A320 Dingoo. I recently upgraded to the GP2X Wiz, and I love it! :D There's just one problem. I figured out how to get all my favorite systems working on it, namely the Nintendo and Sega consoles. But I can't figure out how to run NEO-GEO roms.

I installed Rage2x and a rom to test it (World Heroes 2), thought I put everything in the right place. However, it wouldn't show up as playable in the game list when I ran Rage2x. If anyone could tell me what they did to get Neo-Geo games working and what emulator they used I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

GnGeo is what I use for NeoGeo games. With the exception of Waku Waku 7 which I can't get to work.

Edit: GnGeo might just be a Capex frontend in front of Rage2x though, now that I think about it.

I made a little more progress this afternoon. I loaded in Metal Slug, and it showed up green in the Rage2x menu. But when I clicked on it, I got this message: Unknown or Unsupported romset, check it and your romrc. I'm not sure what this means, could someone shed some light on this?

I have the same problem with the GnGeo. I have several games and they all show up green, but some do give me that same message. I am going to try to download the games from several sites, to see if the games are bad or corrupt. That happened to me before with, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow for the GBA emulator. I had to download copies from other sites until I found one that worked.

I'm doing a little better :D Got Top Player's Golf to work. I got it from coolROM (I'm mentioning it but not linking to it so I hope that's ok :unsure: . If it helps, I'm also using the universal bios, which may have did the trick. You can configure the emulator by opening its conf. file in notepad.

Hi guys, this is an amazing emulator. However, when I play the games, they are in Japanese without .cf option but they run with sound. They do run in English with .cf but have no sound. Is there anyway of fixing this problem? Thank you your help :rolleyes:

Back