Rediscover Browsing with Pale Moon

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Following the recent release of the Pale Moon browser by PtitSeb, here's the review of its performance and behavior on Pandoralive:

--> Continue Reading

promopalemoon.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to give a bit of feedback about what you said in the article.  As I have said a few times recently, I like Pale Moon.  It is fairly stable, but it crashes much more frequently than Qupzilla for me, which rarely happened.  I would say it happens with Pale Moon a couple times a day, so probably at least once every couple hours.  I can throw more at Pale Moon with less issues, including using more than a single tab.  Many of the issues I have had with both are related to keeping up to date with stuff here, and other Pandora/Pyra and news related things.

Since I have installed it Pale Moon is the only browser I have been using for all normal browsing.  From time to time I check some things with Otter to compare.  I really want to use Otter for everything, but Pale Moon work better for me.  I updated Qupzilla yesterday, so I should probably include that in my tests.  Pale Moon has allowed me to use my (CC) Pandora for a lot more browsing.

Yep, I would need the /tmp/pndrun_palemoon.out logfile. Maybe it's a "simple" Out of memory error (you'll probably see "killed" in the log file in that case).

@ekianjo: nice article :) (didn't knew the Pale Moon was a Belgian beer)

What sort of Pandora was being used when testing Pale Moon? Fingers crossed for CC 256MB.

Back