Realmagic Codec Problem With Virtualdub

need4speed

Website
Visit site
I just Install the realmagic codec on my system which Is windows xp. When I used Virtualdub and go Into video compression the realmagic codec Is not there to be selected for some reason. Love to have some help thanks.

I haven`t tried the codec`s myself, Yet. But have you tried rebooting the computer and see if it appears ?.

EDIT: Makes sense now. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Yeah, just restart your computer like Trooper said. Also when it gets put in the list it will be the last codec listed. I had to scroll down to see it. All the other codecs seem to be listed alphabetically.

P.S. Make sure you are using GPCinema 2 if you use Realmagic, I don't think it works with the original. Good Luck.

I had a similar problem with nimo codecs some time ago, no matter how many times I tried to install nimo, it wouldnt appear in compression, in the end I wiped my drive and started again. That did the trick !! But thinking about it, all you have to do is uninstall virtualdub & codec package. Then reinstall the codec package first, followed by virtualdub. The reason I say to try this is because virtualdub issues a warning about nimo codecs being illegally hacked codecs when you use it for the first time. Which surely means it does a scan on the first use of the program, Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on !!

If not reinstall xp, that will do the trick I can guarantee that ( I been there )

:) :) :) gp32_console :)

The realmagic codec Is there now In Virtualdub what I did was that I need to reinstall my codec pack and It works now but thanks for all your help anyway :)

Back