Quake

ToastBucket

Very Active Member
I don't have my Pandora just yet(I've got a broken one I haven't fixed yet and I've got a Batch 2 one coming soon), but I want to play Quake I, II, and III on it when I get it. I don't completely understand how to do this. I'm sure there's a thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't exactly find it. I know there's something to do with pk3 files, but I don't know where to get these files. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

You get the files with Quakes I, II and III. They are included with the games (you can buy them off eg. steam and just copy the pk-files to pandora)

^ Specifically, I believe you need to put them in the appdata directories for the relevant games. ;)

^ True. I was answering

but I don't know where to get these files

The internal documentation should cover the installation instructions (as shown in the latest daily video).

I think the critical step that he won't be able to accomplish without a working Pandora. Most games (like quake) must be run once without the data files installed so the data directories can be created in the appdata folder, but as B-Zar says, most games come with pretty easy to follow directions "in the box".

^ True. I was answering

The internal documentation should cover the installation instructions (as shown in the latest daily video).
I figured I'd mention it, as it's come up so many times before that I'm wondering whether the documentation mentions it. :lol: (Though, I've neither watched the video, nor tried any of the Quake ports, admittedly. :p )

^ Don't get me wrong, it was good that you mentioned it :) . What I meant with my documentation comment was aimed at ToastBucket as advice for further information :p

So I just looked at my Pandora's SD card (it was preowned) and it looks like all the Quake III files are in there already. :D So is it the same situation with Quake I and II where I have to run it first, then install the files?

And thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back