Quake And Mods

tuxedup

Still Fresh
I am trying to run quake on the gp2x. I have downloaded the 2xquake along with the shareware pak0 file and it works with the shareware. However I am trying to get some mods to work http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,56,2299

I have put them into my quake folder, but when I try to launch each mod it just returns me to the main gp2x menu. Am I missing something? Do I need the full set of pak files to play the mods?

Thanks in advance

Michael

fatdad said:
i have the full version of quake on my gp2x and still cant figure out how to run the mods are even new maps....lol.....
All you have to do is download the mod, extract the archive using winrar or a similar program, then copy the contents to your quake directory. Then run the corresponding .gpe files to load the mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
[/quote]
All you have to do is download the mod, extract the archive using winrar or a similar program, then copy the contents to your quake directory. Then run the corresponding .gpe files to load the mod.
[/quote]

that's obvious. But it still no use with status quo [ i've dl q1 share + q1 mods nad put them in the same dir ... q1 works but mod's not ]. every mod's *.gpe file is not working with q1 even its in the same forder as q1 and quake.gpe...

[/quote]

that's obvious. But it still no use with status quo [ i've dl q1 share + q1 mods nad put them in the same dir ... q1 works but mod's not ]. every mod's *.gpe file is not working with q1 even its in the same forder as q1 and quake.gpe...
[/quote]
The mods will not work with the shareware version of quake. Period. You should be able to find a retail copy of quake in the bargain bin at your local store. You need the PAKs from the retail version of Quake for the mods to work.
Google might be of some use for finding a torrent site specific to this machine if you go that route.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back