Qemu + Win 3.1 + Pandora = Civ 2!

Well I get 875mhz stable at opp3 so I generally don't go higher. I have nothing against overclocking except the effect it has on the battery - is it really worth losing a couple of hours battery life just for another 12.5% speed increase? Probably, I'm pretty housebound right now so it doesn't really matter if I have to plug it in. What's the effects on overclocking anyway? I haven't really tested it, I just notice that I can get almost 700mhz at opp2 which is good for general use - and easily 500mhz at opp1 which really does make a difference to the battery life, it just feels a bit sluggish (though it's fine for a lot of low requirement emulation - I still can't believe I can play Payback on GINGE - I sold the Wiz 'cause it wouldn't play it, and it runs very nicely underclocked).

Maybe I'll get round to trying 95 this week while being a vegetable and watching the snooker. Right now I'm enjoying learning terminal manipulation of linux. It's amazing how you can lose a whole day just learning about mounting devices/swap partitions and messing with the swappiness. Of course spent a lot of the afternoon re-flashing and setting it all up from scratch when I borked the OS trying to replace Thunar which was really bugging my.... thing that gets bugged.

I can't wait for somebody to get Myst running, I bought a copy and want to try it :D

Jourdy288 said:
I can't wait for somebody to get Myst running, I bought a copy and want to try it :D

Have you not tried the psx version? If it runs it should be a LOT faster and more playable (and I think the sequal is also available for psx). Personally I'd not judge someone too harshly if they own a game for one system attempting to aquire a copy for another system that can actually be properly emulated. Of corse some overly moralistic twat might disagree...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nor I, of course, I think Sony would take issue... Still, does my heart good to have a large, indisputable collection ;)

So let's get this straight - would Sony take issue because they are morally upstanding, or twats? If it's the latter you could surely use it against them in a court of law. "Your honour, I plead mitigating circumstances as the case against me has clearly been made by a bunch of twats"*.

* Though I fully support this as a legal precedent, I am not a lawyer and would urge seeking more qualified council prior to acquiring a dodgy software collection.

Back